Home

tackling is so lame in this game!!

This is a discussion on tackling is so lame in this game!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #17
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: tackling is so lame in this game!!

The only time i use dive is on a qb standing in the pocket. I use Y for wr, because i can pick the ball plus it tackles the guy most of the time, and i use the hit stick any where other than runs up the middle. The only reason i do that is so i dont run commit and get burned deep.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I only hit the dive button if I'm pretty much right on top of him. I never use the hit stick and I do use auto-strafe to help when tackling.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #19
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

the only thing i hate about tackling is the lack of the gang tackle...i hate when the ball carrier has the ball in traffic and i have 5 defenders around him but he will get an extra 3-5 yds becuz only the 1 defender will tackle him and he will drag him....most of the time i'll switch now and let the computer tackle him and try to strip the ball with someone else
Old 11-04-2006, 04:41 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

slimshady, you're gonna find ignorance like these replies on ALL videogame Forums. Expect it.

However, I agree 100% with you. The tackling is horrid on this game. And 9 times otta 10 the computer will drag you an extra 3-5 yards. The animations are old and stale as well. Like the one where the guys look like they were just shot in the face at point blank range.

There is a button delay when trying to get to the nearest defender, or trying to control your defender. You are absolutely correct. And it will cause you to be out of position 80% of the time. Not to mention the already defunk DB a.i. that EA is clueless at programming.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:13 AM   #21
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharoahStreets
slimshady, you're gonna find ignorance like these replies on ALL videogame Forums. Expect it.

However, I agree 100% with you. The tackling is horrid on this game. And 9 times otta 10 the computer will drag you an extra 3-5 yards. The animations are old and stale as well. Like the one where the guys look like they were just shot in the face at point blank range.

There is a button delay when trying to get to the nearest defender, or trying to control your defender. You are absolutely correct. And it will cause you to be out of position 80% of the time. Not to mention the already defunk DB a.i. that EA is clueless at programming.
I totally agree "Like the one where the guys look like they were just shot in the face at point blank range".

I absolutely hate that animation. Especially in the trenches. EA just watch a real football game for once please & add real tackle animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #22
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I totally agree "Like the one where the guys look like they were just shot in the face at point blank range".

I absolutely hate that animation. Especially in the trenches. EA just watch a real football game for once please & add real tackle animations.

Oh, the famous "I just got snipered" tackle animation. Yeah, I think I saw that one on TV during my marathon of watching college football this past Saturday...Riiiiiight! Stupid animation.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #23
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Just like Madden on the 360, there are just way too many phantom tackles in this game..And it still kills Madden.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #24
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Yeah, I hate how a defender touches another defender and the guy acts like he got shot. It allows for some very big runs that should be 2-3 yard gains.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »