Home

Stomach Punch Game

This is a discussion on Stomach Punch Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Unhappy Stomach Punch Game

1st year in Mississippi State Dynasty. I'm 0-1 (59-21 against South Carolina, with me giving up 6 turnovers) coming into a big game against Auburn. It's 17-17 in the 4th quarter despite my four turnovers. Kenny Irons knifes up my defense on a 6 play 77 yard drive and Auburn goes up 24-17. I fumble on the ensuing kickoff and but hold them to a field goal, 27-17, 2:30 left in the game. I go on a 80 yard drive that takes 1:40 seconds and score to make it 27-24. I've never tried an onside kick and on my first try, I recover it and have the ball with 50 seconds left. I get one first down and have 3rd and 6 with 36 seconds left with no timeouts. I decide to run it toward the middle of the field so the field goal is at least straight. As time winds down I line up the field goal and kick it as time expires. It's good from 53 yards, and I'm pumped up. Let's go to OT. Then there's a flag for holding and its ruled no good and I lose. That's exactly what would happen to MSU in real life. I guess life does imitate art!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2006, 12:05 AM   #2
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Stomach Punch Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcooper47
1st year in Mississippi State Dynasty. I'm 0-1 (59-21 against South Carolina, with me giving up 6 turnovers) coming into a big game against Auburn. It's 17-17 in the 4th quarter despite my four turnovers. Kenny Irons knifes up my defense on a 6 play 77 yard drive and Auburn goes up 24-17. I fumble on the ensuing kickoff and but hold them to a field goal, 27-17, 2:30 left in the game. I go on a 80 yard drive that takes 1:40 seconds and score to make it 27-24. I've never tried an onside kick and on my first try, I recover it and have the ball with 50 seconds left. I get one first down and have 3rd and 6 with 36 seconds left with no timeouts. I decide to run it toward the middle of the field so the field goal is at least straight. As time winds down I line up the field goal and kick it as time expires. It's good from 53 yards, and I'm pumped up. Let's go to OT. Then there's a flag for holding and its ruled no good and I lose. That's exactly what would happen to MSU in real life. I guess life does imitate art!
Sounds like this was a great game. Maybe you can get them next season.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:01 AM   #3
Rookie

adonis2109's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcooper47
Wow that's dirty!!!! Did you at least get a Greatest Game rating for it?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

What a game! I wish I had time to play.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Actually, since going 0-2 to start the season I managed to comeback and beat Tulane 56-49 to get my first win (I was down 49-35 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter). Through three games i was 1-2 with 16 turnovers! Now I'm 10-2 and have 11-1 Florida in the SEC Championship. I've got the number one offense in the country, but I cannot stop the run on defense and I have the 2nd most turnovers in the NCAA (more than half are fumbles). The funniest thing about this dynasty is that my Tight End, Eric Butler is leading the Heisman Race.

E. Butler (TE-MSU) 90 Rec. 1895 Yds. 27 TD's

He's my only impact player on offense so I move him around a ton and try to get good matchups against short corners or slow linebackers. I've never heard of anyone winning the Heisman with a TE. I imagine the only thing rarer than that would be a Fullback...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »