Home

CPU Running Project...

This is a discussion on CPU Running Project... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2006, 09:46 PM   #9
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: CPU Running Project...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evarts2616
I've been having great results using playmakers ratio's and team strategies for two years now in dynasty play.
I don't like the fact that he basically changed the playbook for every team in the game...

There's gotta be a simpler, quicker way to accomplish this...
Old 11-14-2006, 08:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Re: CPU Running Project...

last year, I just added 10% to the running side for every team. I thought it worked out great.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:11 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Alabama is set at 67 run 33 pass when in real life they are 57 43...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2006, 01:17 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
I don't like the fact that he basically changed the playbook for every team in the game...

There's gotta be a simpler, quicker way to accomplish this...
Actually he didn't if you read what he posted and how he broke down the playbooks. But most important for me is gameplay and it has provided excellent gameplay. I see tons of different defenses than I ever saw before in this game just by using those settings in my two years of dynasty play.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:42 AM   #13
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKBama7
Alabama is set at 67 run 33 pass when in real life they are 57 43...
Yeah, he explained that.

He took the real life ratio and then applied the following tweaks:

5 clicks left for "Balanced" offenses
10 clicks left for "Spread" offenses
12 clicks left for "West Coast" offenses

So it would appear that Bama runs a spread offense in the game (57 +10 = 67)
Old 11-15-2006, 10:45 AM   #14
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by evarts2616
Actually he didn't if you read what he posted and how he broke down the playbooks. But most important for me is gameplay and it has provided excellent gameplay. I see tons of different defenses than I ever saw before in this game just by using those settings in my two years of dynasty play.
I chat with PM on multiple message boards. I'm quite certain his method involved changing the team-specific playbook to one of the generic playbooks to match their offensive style, ie. Michigan's playbook would be changed to the generic "balanced" playbook to match their "balanced" offense.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #15
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
You set every team to 61 run, 39 pass?

Seems to me that would make every team perform the same, no?
No...Aggressiveness and all those other factors still have impact...I finished a manual season with 12 teams and had very realistic stats...teams that throw the ball threw the ball; teams that run the ball, ran the ball...
I also simmed the second season just to get a feel for it and stats came out very similar, except for those with very talented players(ie Tebow of Florida was the highest rated qb for year two and lead the NCAA in passing)...
So, not every team plays alike with a 61/39 ratio, simmed or manually played...those other sliders in the coach options actually do have impact in how a team playcalls...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2006, 12:04 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone2117
No...Aggressiveness and all those other factors still have impact...I finished a manual season with 12 teams and had very realistic stats...teams that throw the ball threw the ball; teams that run the ball, ran the ball...
I also simmed the second season just to get a feel for it and stats came out very similar, except for those with very talented players(ie Tebow of Florida was the highest rated qb for year two and lead the NCAA in passing)...
So, not every team plays alike with a 61/39 ratio, simmed or manually played...those other sliders in the coach options actually do have impact in how a team playcalls...
You are correct. I also think there is some hard coding and the teams run or pass accordingly. You would think that the more aggressive a team is, the more they would throw deep, but that is always not the case.

Either way, I am very excited about this project. I sim games from non controlled teams to see the stats and they are turning out great. When I play games now, the CPU really seems to work the playbook more and with more rushing attempts, the games have more realistic scores and yardage totals.

I just started my 6 team dynasty last night on heisman, 7 minute quarters and took South Carolina into Miss St. and came out victorious 24-20 on a TD pass with 9 seconds left.

Miss State(CPU) rand the ball 28 times and threw 32 times and had 94 yds rushing and 212 passing. That seems pretty good to me. They were throwing alot late as I had a 17-13 lead through most of the 4th quarter. The playcalling logic seemed very good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »