Home

CPU Running Project...

This is a discussion on CPU Running Project... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #41
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: CPU Running Project...

Capone , What bugs me about the heisman level is the lack of PR/KR, it just doesnt feel right to me. Spartans sliders are good IMO though. I play with OU and sometimes running is difficult. Also it's harder to get RAC yards on heisman as well.......thoughts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #42
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

I've never been a Heisman person because of the aforementioned reasons...I like a complete game, where you the game is divided into thirds(offense, defense, special teams)...i've always gone with the motto that you win two of three, you can win a ball game...
w/ Heisman you definitely have to fight for yards...also mistakes are taken to a whole 'notha level...you throw 2 picks against a decent team and you create that scoring chase till the end...
I've always been an AA player...but this year's version allows top-tiered teams to dominate...I like this, which is why I am trying three of the premier programs in the nation against spartans sliders...if the test works, I'll use Heisman sliders to create parity with 5 star + teams...everyone knows that on any given football day, an a**handing can occur...this is why I'm testing first...
Im still at it though on AA with my 12 team dynasty, and is it me or does EA have a way of routing your season in a certain direction...ie Oregon comes out ranked #8 playing #51 Fresno State and loses by 12...the bulldogs defense was unstoppable...needless to say, they fell three straight times to an 0-4 start...all four games should have been won, but the cpu was dominate, as if they had an agenda...
Old 11-25-2006, 02:38 PM   #43
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic75
Capone , What bugs me about the heisman level is the lack of PR/KR, it just doesnt feel right to me. Spartans sliders are good IMO though. I play with OU and sometimes running is difficult. Also it's harder to get RAC yards on heisman as well.......thoughts
I have no problems with KR/PR on Heisman.

Just like offense and defense, you can't run the same play every time. Mix in man and zone, return and block, and you'll be able to get some punt returns. And in 6 dynasty seasons, I've had 7 KO returns for TD's.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Still getting some great results. The strangest thing so far is ND has thrown 9 picks in 2 games. But I try the long ball alot with them, and with the Defensive awareness set so high, the corners and safeties rotate back well. ND still amazingely won both games, I am just going to keep things where they are and see how the season unfolds because I am getting realistic stats everywhere else.

I updated the sliders
AI QB Acc 45(+5)
AI Run Block 75(+5)
Human Run Block 30(-5)
Old 12-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #45
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

Capone how is your latest dynasty going with the heisman sliders? I've always loved the heisman level, but for some reason with your sliders I really feel AA plays well. And I use Oklahoma, who is a power team on this game. Have you made any tweaks to your AA sliders lateley?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2006, 10:18 AM   #46
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic75
Capone how is your latest dynasty going with the heisman sliders? I've always loved the heisman level, but for some reason with your sliders I really feel AA plays well. And I use Oklahoma, who is a power team on this game. Have you made any tweaks to your AA sliders lateley?
For power teams, I raised the cpu def awr +10(two right clicks) and lowered hum run blk. by -10(two left clicks). I also lowered hum wr cth by -10. It seems that this plays well for teams like Oklahoma or USC.
As for the Heisman level dynasty...The play was decent by I just wasn't having fun with it...it played well, but I wasn't seeing realistic stats...that is partially my fault because I run to set up the pass...I saw too many 3 and outs so I went back to AA and set up a dynasty with teams that are in need of a major overhaul(ie Duke, Washington, etc.)....so in short I am back to AA, its just a better fit for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »