Home

Trouble running on heismen

This is a discussion on Trouble running on heismen within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2006, 01:33 AM   #1
Rookie

tecmorox81's Arena

OVR: 2
Trouble running on heismen

Well I finally reached a point in my two user dynasty where me and my brother were destroying the cpu with outrageous sliders on AA so I decided to bump up to Heismen.

I like the feel of it better my only problem is I cannot run the football anymore. On AA I could get about 100 yards a game at least with 80-90 overall backs, now I'm running for like 20-60 yards a game with the same backs.

Things that bug me about this. 1st of all I know part of the reason is QB sacks but I have passblocking up to 65 and I don't want to raise it because I'm afraid I'll get to much time, 2nd is the fact that I may have one run that goes for 5 yards then my next to runs will be -2 and -3 then a punt. Now my runblocking is also at 65 and again I don't want to raise it. I lowered the cpu's tackling and breakblock yet I'm still screwed.

So what do you guys do to break this? What plays or slide protections do you use or would you raise the blocking/lower break block?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2006, 06:26 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Trouble running on heismen

What system? On current gen I find the blocking on Heisman to be very poor. The OL gets almost no push rendering I-formation type ISO's very poor. Running out of spread formations and bouncing a lot of runs was the only way for me to be successful and I hated that. AA with modified sliders works great for me and the run game is a ton better.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:45 AM   #3
Rookie

tecmorox81's Arena

OVR: 2

PS2. Also fumbles, another reason I lowered tackling for the cpu because everytime I would get them to punt on my first run play and that crazy impact screen would come up and my guy would fumble.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:20 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecmorox81
PS2. Also fumbles, another reason I lowered tackling for the cpu because everytime I would get them to punt on my first run play and that crazy impact screen would come up and my guy would fumble.
I turn off the impact camera to avoid that stupid screen. I played on both AA and Heisman in '06. I eventually moved up to a reduced Heisman level in '06 in large part due to the ease of human running on AA. Without reducing the RBA in '06 to a brutally sluggish level, it was just too effective (especially the option).

In '07, the Heisman running game is garbage. Combine that with jump the snap and Heisman is really flawed this year imo. I know some people like it but I think those are the elite few that are just great at this game. I can only suggest that you stick to AA and tweak the sliders to make them hard on yourself. Up the CPU run blocking, running back ability and def. awareness. Lower your def. awareness to improve their passing game as well. Don't use jump the snap which can wreck AA. Whatever you do, I suggest you do your best to make AA work before going to a flawed Heisman level.

Here are a couple of old threats I started:

Heisman Running Is Flawed
Heisman Running Is Flawed (PS2)

Current Gen Run game is great
Current Gen Run game is great
Old 12-06-2006, 10:25 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I love the running game on heisman this year. I get some awesome results. I find if you pound the ball, things loosen up in the 2nd half as they should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I love the running game on heisman this year. I get some awesome results. I find if you pound the ball, things loosen up in the 2nd half as they should.
Aren't you on the 360 though? I've only got two games in on a 360 and can't make any concrete judgements other than to say the two games feel very different.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:09 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

I play on the 360, so it may not be all that applicable to you, but default heisman is just fine running the football and otherwise.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Aren't you on the 360 though? I've only got two games in on a 360 and can't make any concrete judgements other than to say the two games feel very different.
PS2, my wife won't let me spend the scratch on an Xbox 360. Unfortunately, she's right, with a 1 year old, One more masters class to go, and an annual golf membership, it just wouldn't be the best use of my funds right now....But I am sure I will have one by next year at this time.

Hey Rudy, are the kicks automatic on the 360 too? That and the lack of the 5 yard face mask irk me til no end in this version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »