Home

What I HATE about this game ...

This is a discussion on What I HATE about this game ... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #9
Rookie

punchy7080's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What I HATE about this game ...

turn off HFA... made all the difference in the world for me
Old 12-10-2006, 06:29 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
That's the way it SHOULD BE.
There is a realistic number number though that EA exceeds. The CPU fumbled 7 times in my last game in the rain and lost 2 on seven minute quarters. The number of fumbles is just too high overall in the game and a fumble slider would really help.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:38 AM   #11
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
There is a realistic number number though that EA exceeds. The CPU fumbled 7 times in my last game in the rain and lost 2 on seven minute quarters. The number of fumbles is just too high overall in the game and a fumble slider would really help.
I've played hundreds of games on AA and Heisman and the most fumbles I've had in a game is 4. Raise your RB ability slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2006, 09:13 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
I've played hundreds of games on AA and Heisman and the most fumbles I've had in a game is 4. Raise your RB ability slider.
I don't want to raise my RB ability slider. If anything, people tend to lower it on AA. I've had more than four fumbles in a game and like I said, the CPU had 7 fumbles in one game just recently. Not much I can do about that and I have their RB ability at 70 or more.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #13
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
I don't want to raise my RB ability slider. If anything, people tend to lower it on AA. I've had more than four fumbles in a game and like I said, the CPU had 7 fumbles in one game just recently. Not much I can do about that and I have their RB ability at 70 or more.
I played on Heisman with RBA at 50/50. I play on AA with RBA at 35/45.

I've never had close to 7 fumbles in a game. What system are you playing on?
Old 12-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
I played on Heisman with RBA at 50/50. I play on AA with RBA at 35/45.

I've never had close to 7 fumbles in a game. What system are you playing on?
PS2. With the cover up function I can generally avoid large fumble games but the rate they happen is still a bit too high. The CPU really tends to cough it up sometimes. Its usually worse when the momentum meter is full (either way). I'm not one to say it happens more to the user. I just think it tends to happen a bit too much for both sides.

If you track the fumble stats of my RBs, if they are an impact back they don't fumble too much. I probably only fumble once or twice every 100 carries but non impact backs tend to fumble as much as once every 20 carries and I think its a bit high. A fumble slider would really help us out either way. I think the NFL leader in fumbles will usually fumble about every other game while some backs might fumble only once or twice an entire season.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #15
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
PS2. With the cover up function I can generally avoid large fumble games but the rate they happen is still a bit too high. The CPU really tends to cough it up sometimes. Its usually worse when the momentum meter is full (either way). I'm not one to say it happens more to the user. I just think it tends to happen a bit too much for both sides.

If you track the fumble stats of my RBs, if they are an impact back they don't fumble too much. I probably only fumble once or twice every 100 carries but non impact backs tend to fumble as much as once every 20 carries and I think its a bit high. A fumble slider would really help us out either way. I think the NFL leader in fumbles will usually fumble about every other game while some backs might fumble only once or twice an entire season.
Maybe that explains it. I play on 360 and don't see an issue with fumbles at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2006, 06:08 AM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Maybe that explains it. I play on 360 and don't see an issue with fumbles at all.
I didn't realize you were on the 360. There are a lot of differences. I still wish we had separate sub-forums to debate some of these gameplay issues since the two games are so different. I'm sure next year most people here will have the 360 version but I didn't like it too much when I got a chance to play a few games on it. I could be the only relic sticking with the PS2 come summer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »