Home

This Is Like The Fat Ugly Girl Thing

This is a discussion on This Is Like The Fat Ugly Girl Thing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2006, 09:53 AM   #17
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: This Is Like The Fat Ugly Girl Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Its not that he can't physically play a whole game but that he doesn't want to. I felt the same way (although maybe he did mean something different). Granted, I only played three games on it but every time I was playing it I just wanted to go back to my PS2 version. It might be unfair to not give it more time but I felt like I was forcing myself to play the game. It just wasn't as fun as current gen.

For the most part, if you loved current gen the 360 version will disappoint you. If you were sick of current gen or didn't like current gen, you might like the 360. I think ODogg is the only poster here where I read him say he loved current gen but loves the 360 version more. I read a ton of impressions when the game first came out and that's the sense I got plus my own impressions when I played the 360 version on my brother's machine.
Why don't you like the 360? I liked current gen and I like 360 as well. I just don't understand what is so bad about 360 that you can't finish a game? I'm not calling you an idiot or anything I'm just curious.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #18
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I have a 42" plasma, so I was planning on getting component cables since I have an open place for them on the TV (until we get a HD-DVR from DTV that is). I will also get a max drive at some point too for this game.

How much does the game go for used at EB?
You can find the game used for 34.99 at EB Games or Gamestop, I paid $5.00 more and bought a new one. I have a 51'' HD but the ps2 is hooked up to a regular 32'' sony, if I hook up the ps2 to the HD tv will the game look better or do I have to get component cables?
Old 12-18-2006, 10:13 AM   #19
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Why don't you like the 360? I liked current gen and I like 360 as well. I just don't understand what is so bad about 360 that you can't finish a game? I'm not calling you an idiot or anything I'm just curious.
This was essentially my question also.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:36 AM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamz
You can find the game used for 34.99 at EB Games or Gamestop, I paid $5.00 more and bought a new one. I have a 51'' HD but the ps2 is hooked up to a regular 32'' sony, if I hook up the ps2 to the HD tv will the game look better or do I have to get component cables?
The game looked fairly crappy on my PS2 with s-video. Even though I had set the base PS2 settings to widescreen and the in game video to widescreen, I still had to stretch it to fill the screen. The jaggies were pretty bad. When I got the component cables I no longer had to stretch the screen and the jaggies weren’t nearly as bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
It was only three games that I played but I just didn’t like the feel of the game. Its hard to describe exactly why I don’t like it but its not like its an awful game either. I just like the PS2 version a lot better. I will say the lighting on the field seemed dark and the 12:30 game at Michigan had long shadows on every player for some reason. The visuals actually annoyed me at times (framerate issues as well) and I didn’t expect that.

The controls are very different (pitch, stiff arm, WR buttons) and I never got comfortable with them so that didn’t help. The passing game did feel fine when I would pick the right WR. The feel of the running game was different due to more momentum (more 2K like?). It was just a different feel from the quick, crisp, consise controls of the PS2. Its hard to describe but while I was playing I just wasn’t enjoying myself. I didn’t want to feel that way but its just the way I felt. My brother lent me his 360 during the week and I didn’t have the desire to play the game anymore. I just gave the system back to him early.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:42 AM   #21
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15

I've only played 3 or 4 games on the ps2 version but I agree it plays different or has a different feel to it besides the playbooks and other goodies the ps2 version has. On the flip side I actually liked the lighting in the 360 version, some of the skies even looked f'n beautifull! I thought the lighting was a bit off in Madden for 360 with the fields looking too dark at noon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #22
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

I loved the PS2 version too, but the 360 is just so damn good to look at. The controls are a little off, but with time you can overcome it. THe PS2 was a lot more crisp with the controls IMO. It just takes a little adjusting to a new system with a different style and feel. I love the 360 now and probably won't be moving back down to the Ps2 or Box. I actaully played a game of Madden on the Box and I couldn't believe the jerky feel it had to it. If you have a 360 I honestly don't know how you can play anything on the current gen consoles. Just my opinion. I want to see the Ps3 to get an idea of what it is like also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »