Home

360 version any good?

This is a discussion on 360 version any good? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: 360 version any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
How is the recruiting in the 360 compared to the PS2 version?
Exactly the same.

What's changed is there are no magazine covers even though the info located in the magazine on current gen is all under season info on 360. That's the only difference as far as dynasty mode is concerned. Other things missing are the new trick plays, HFA, Campus Legend Mode, trophy room. That's about it unless I forgot something. I really enjoy it. I played the PS2 version and I like them about the same.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:22 PM   #10
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Check the after Christmas deals at EB (After Christmas Sales). Apparently NCAA will be on sale although it may only be with the bundle.
Damn! I would definitely buy the game if it dropped to $20. I'm not spending $40 on it though.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #11
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Damn! I would definitely buy the game if it dropped to $20. I'm not spending $40 on it though.
How do the generic stadiums look? Are they all different or do they basically look about the same, like the 1-AA school stadiums on current generation games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2006, 06:35 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
How do the generic stadiums look? Are they all different or do they basically look about the same, like the 1-AA school stadiums on current generation games?
They are all the same. It's a pretty big bowl shaped stadium. Kinda weird playing SunBelt games in there. The fields are accurate though.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:46 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Exactly the same.

What's changed is there are no magazine covers even though the info located in the magazine on current gen is all under season info on 360. That's the only difference as far as dynasty mode is concerned. Other things missing are the new trick plays, HFA, Campus Legend Mode, trophy room. That's about it unless I forgot something. I really enjoy it. I played the PS2 version and I like them about the same.
ill also add no player edits, only one camera view, and mid majors becoming powerhouses glitch is in the 360 version.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:34 AM   #14
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

I guess if you're into all the fluff like magazine covers and such, then the 360 version probably isn't for you.

For me, the gameplay is very good. Better than any previous version on any platform, at least for me.

The generic stadiums are annoying, but pretty easy to get past (and my dynasty is Louisiana Lafayette, so I see at least 8 generic stadiums a season).

The inability to edit players was really annoying at first, but the more I play, the less I care about it.

Finally, the mid-major glitch hasn't affected me and I've played a total of 25 seasons in 3 different dynasties.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
For me, the gameplay is very good. Better than any previous version on any platform, at least for me.
Did you like the current gen versions? From all the impressions I've read, both positive and negative on the 360 version, the common theme was you liked the 360 version a lot if you weren't entirely impressed with the current gen game (or sick of it). I also saw a lot of people that loved 2K5 also love the 360 version. I think the feel of the running game does have a 2K feel to it on the 360. However, for those that love current gen, most of us didn't like the new or different feel of the 360 version. It was extremely rare to find someone that loved the current gen game and loved the 360 gameplay more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2006, 09:59 AM   #16
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
How is the recruiting in the 360 compared to the PS2 version?
In my experience, recruiting seems harder than current gen. Building my Houston Coogs into a national power has been far more difficult than it used to be (which, imo, is a good thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike586corleone
ill also add no player edits, only one camera view, and mid majors becoming powerhouses glitch is in the 360 version.
There are no equipment edits, but I'm pretty sure that names and player ratings can be edited (unlike Madden). I'm not sure where the mid-major thing came from, that certainly hasn't been the case in my dynasty.

The game play is very different than current gen, and takes some getting used to. The game isn't perfect (it has some serious collision detection issues that need to be addressed next year), but overall I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Last edited by coogrfan; 12-21-2006 at 10:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »