Home

*sigh* Man...game of a lifetime, and then...

This is a discussion on *sigh* Man...game of a lifetime, and then... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2006, 03:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
*sigh* Man...game of a lifetime, and then...

I was using Texas Tech, and I was playing Texas A&M at A&M...first quarter, received kickoff, ran a running play for no gain. Ran another running play for 17 yards, and then my RB fumbles, picked up by a CB, and they take it to the house.

Received the kickoff, ran it up to the 25 yard line, then got leveled. The defender picked up the fumble and ran it in for a TD.

Received the kickoff, had a decent return, then ran a rushing play for a few yards. Ran another, another few yards. Ran a play action pass to the TE...intercepted and run back for another TD.

I was down 21-0 at the end of the first quarter.

By the end of the first half, I was down 40-7.

Flash forward...2min left in the game, I am down 54-42. My offense is working, I have all the momentum, and I run a nice drive, capped off with a 45yd TD pass with 1:15 left. Unfortunately, no more TOs and I have no idea how to recover an onside, so unfortunately, I am toast.

I ended up losing the game, obviously, but when I went to save, my XBox froze.

I ended up replaying the game, and won it on a last-second field goal, but it's a shame. I would have rather had that loss than the win I ended up with.

Anyone else actually enjoy a thrilling loss more than a blowout win?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2006, 05:40 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: *sigh* Man...game of a lifetime, and then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupids
Anyone else actually enjoy a thrilling loss more than a blowout win?
Close games are always more fun unless its for the BCS Championship. I scheduled a lot of tough ooc games just to have more fun this season even if it cost me a chance at the title. I'm at the end of my 7th year with Wake Forsest and have an unbelievable team. I've had three greatest games this year due to some tough teams. I had to come from behind and win games against (then) #1 OSU at home and #2 USC on the road. I just beat #8 Texas at home in a decent game (29-14 but was down 14-13 at the half) and sit 11-0 with Bama coming to town for my final game.

I have 11-1 Va Tech in the ACC Championship and then what looks to be a tough game in the NC Championship against #1 A+ Penn State. I'm #2 (#1 in the media) right now and hope to get there. I've still never even won the ACC Championship yet but this is my last year with Wake. The team is too good to stay any longer no matter what happens. C+ Ole Miss is next.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Oh yea, no doubt. I love thrilling losses, my friend and i (X*Cell) are playing every bowl game as a simulation and the past 3 I have lost have been close, I even lost the game on the 1 yard line with 8 seconds left and no TO when i was down by 4. instead of running it up the gut, i tried a pass to my RB in the BF and he got pummeled for a loss, game over. I thought that he would have stacked the middle and he has been great at stopping me up the gut so i tried a mind game and lost, oh well. You can check out all of our simulations...its under this category (NCAA Football) its called something along the lines of "The BCS (Not done my way) thread started by X*Cell

Old 12-29-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Absolutely. I love playing close games. I love playing from behind, it adds more urgency and drama to the game. I had one game, a friend and I we're playing a dynasty as Ohio State, it was the last game of the season vs Michigan, we were #1 and undefeated, they were like #4 with 1 loss. We're down by 4 points in the final minute and a half. It's third and long from their end of the field, they go for a deep pass and I pick it off and return it 45 yards for the game winning TD. It was great, my friend and I were going crazy.
i'm like josh howard,
i need time out but it'll cost the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »