Home

Third down conversions and last second scores... what's the deal?

This is a discussion on Third down conversions and last second scores... what's the deal? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Third down conversions and last second scores... what's the deal?

Yeah, I was playing Wisconsin earlier and I had 6 fumbles and lost 2 of them. I mean I couldnt even run at all. Every time I ran I got hit and fumbled. I try to play a honest football game but when that happens I have to start passing to make up the score difference. My 6'5" Impact reciever had over 450 yards in receptions and I still lost because he dropped a pass on my last posession My cornerbacks suck bad. I just dont think they want me to do good because the season is winding down and I have 1 loss to OSU and then they lost so Wis, PSU (me), and OSU all have 1 lost and they dont want OSU and myself to play again which I want to bad!! LOL!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Ya its a problem with all EA sports games. I have learned to just get over it i guess.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #11
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
I wouldn't say it's completely unrealistic. Iowa got called for a formation penalty in the Alamo Bowl on a TD that would have given them a 21-3 lead. Texas ended up winning 26-24 and had momentum from that penalty on pretty much.
well this is obviously a glitch in this game, as no matter what you do can get rid of the ratings loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #12
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
well this is obviously a glitch in this game, as no matter what you do can get rid of the ratings loss.
Well, then it must be a glitch that only affects certain versions of the game.

I play on 360 and I can't say I've ever had this problem.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:55 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:

Its on the PS2 for sure but the ratings drop only occurs on replay reversals involving TDs. I've had it happen twice to me and the one time it affected both teams. All starters get massive rating drops and you have to sub in your backups.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
Overall, I have been enjoying NCAA Football 2007 since I started playing it again, but I can't help but notice that it seems the CPU is a little too adept at converting on third downs, as well as scoring in the closing moments.

What results is this lingering feeling that regardless of how well I play defense and pick plays, the CPU is still going to convert or score, almost as if it is programmed.

Adding playmakers and such into the fray just adds to the frustration when they are able to miraculously break three tackles and score in seemingly impossible situations. I understand that that is their definition by name, but it seems a bit overdone to me.

It's just frustrating to me. I enjoy the game to an extent, but when I am playing defense at crucial moments, the CPU always seems to convert or score, and this is despite me picking plays that matched up well and would have stopped them under normal circumstances.

I just finished a game with Washington where I was up by three scores going into the fourth quarter and had full momentum. My playmaker receiver recived a nice pass and ran 50 yards before being stripped by a scrub defensive back, and from there Washington was basically unstoppable. They scored in the closing seconds (literally) on a ridiculous pass and run, in heavy coverage, and in overtime my player convienently fumbled while running towards a touchdown that would have put me up. And he didn't just fumble, it was recovered and run back for a touchdown by the defense.

Would I have made this post if I had won? Yes. I was thinking about writing this post all game, and the ultimate result just makes me more emphatic to compose it.

As I said, the game is solid, but the feeling that games are out of my control, is unsettling to me. Especially when the match-up is one that is should be, and is, dominated by one team, only to have them lose as a result of fluke plays and ridiculous individual achievements at key moments that would be stopped at any other point in the game.

I was really looking forward to getting back into NCAA Football, but after being past the mid-way point in my season and experiencing this multiple times, I'm not sure I can get past this. I'm all for legitimate losses, and I've taken a total beatdown by Arizona State quite well, but there is a difference between being dominated and beaten fair than losing as a result of situations that almost feel as if they are scripted, and unable to be prevented regardless of how completely the user tries.
Good post, and this is the main reason why I stopped playing this game about a month ago. The cpu goes way, way past the realm of realistic when they go on the comeback trail. In one game against florida i had 11 fumbles...in the first half. Fumble on kick off, 90+ rated running back and full back fumbles. Impact quarterback fumbles. 90+ rated receivers fumble. The game literally made me fumble until florida would recover the ball.

And on another note, huge deficit comebacks are something that happen very rarely. If i play 13 games, then half of them should not be where i or the cpu gets up big and then the latter comes back to win. I mean really, out of all the games played this year, how many were won by teams that came back from 20+ point deficits? Probably not even 10%. The occasional game like this is understandable, but 4 in a row is just stupid.

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Old 01-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #15
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

ps2...

It's annoying, since i play as temple. My 68 ovr QB dropes to like in the high 20's..

lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »