Home

Impact Players on Offense

This is a discussion on Impact Players on Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which is the best Impact position on Offense?
QB 8 14.29%
RB 38 67.86%
WR 10 17.86%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2007, 11:46 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Impact Players on Offense

Which position is the best position on offense to be declared an impact player: QB, RB, or WR? I will specify other for guys who might like TEs or FBs to be impact players.

I used to think RB was the best since they get a lot of touches. They also tend to fumble less and have tremendous stamina. QBs don't seem to matter too much as impact players. The biggest thing I've noticed is their ability to shake off a sack in the backfield. I kind of thought WRs were useless but after playing with a couple in my last season I think they are great. They make a ton of tough catches in traffic along with some spectacular one handed grabs. What is your preference for impact players on offense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Impact Players on Offense

If I wasn't a 'coach mode' player then I may be inclined to lean toward WR but since I am I'm gonna say HB. Your QB isn't necessarily gonna hit that impact WR when he's in the zone but I can guarantee that Coach Mumford will run the rock when his HB is in the zone.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Rb is my favorite just because of the stamina it gives him. This is key when you don't have a good backup. I use 80/85 for my substitutions and alot of times with a normal running back, the starter will be subbed out by the end of a drive.

I do like having an impact WR as well, especially if it's somebody who can return punts but they don't get nearly as many touches as the RB. Impact QB is useless to me unless it's somebody you can run with as well.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I love having my WR as impact players on Offense because even with a bad quarterback, all he has to do is throw it at least NEAR him, and no matter what, that Impact WR will speed burst to the ball or do these Superhuman catches, it's looks pretty cool
Old 01-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

I voted RB because they have the most impact. But QB is my favorite. I guess yall have not noticed but a QB in the "ZONE" is dead on with their passes. So more likly than not u throw for more First downs than running for them so I prefer a QB that I can depend on making that excellent throw. But for keeping LONG drives I like having a Impact RB.

I am playing with LSU in my dynasty right now and I have a QB and WR Impact players. Killer combo.

But I think the RB has the most chance at turning something into 6 points. But I have seen some WR do some great moves to break for TDs.

later guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2007, 01:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Now that I've seen the beauty of running WR screens I can give more of a nod to the WR...though for me HB is still the best. In year 1 with Florida Atlantic I had both of my WRs (non impact guys) take screens the distance for scores a few times so I could imagine what it would've been like to get an impact WR in the zone then hit him with the screen pass.

Finding that WR screens work has now given me an opportunity to guarantee that a particular WR can get the ball on a particular play.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #7
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

I went with RB for the same reasons that have already been stated.

On a side note, I thought it was a sure thing that you got 3 impact players per team, 2 chosen by you & 1 by the CPU. Well, I just selected my 2 impact players, and noticed that the CPU didn't designate anyone for the 3rd spot! Is that normal? I searched the entire roster & could only find 2. This is ridiculous considering I named my HB as an impact player, but I have 2 QBs rated at 90 that the CPU ignored.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I once had 2 impact QBs. That was not good because I don't run a 2 QB system...EVER!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »