Home

Players transferring question

This is a discussion on Players transferring question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Players transferring question

Once I built my first dynasty up to a great team I almost have one player transfer out every year. I think it happened more often in '06. For me its usually a great young QB or WR that is low on my depth chart and simply realizes he won't get much playing time. I've had one instance where a great QB didn't transfer out and sat as #2 for most of his career and that actually surprised me. If you don't redshirt a freshman and he just sits on the bench for the entire year, I find there is a greater chance of them transfering. If you redshirt them in their first year they are more likey to stay from what I've seen. Over-recruiting at a certain position is usually the culprit for me.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Once I built my first dynasty up to a great team I almost have one player transfer out every year. I think it happened more often in '06. For me its usually a great young QB or WR that is low on my depth chart and simply realizes he won't get much playing time. I've had one instance where a great QB didn't transfer out and sat as #2 for most of his career and that actually surprised me. If you don't redshirt a freshman and he just sits on the bench for the entire year, I find there is a greater chance of them transfering. If you redshirt them in their first year they are more likey to stay from what I've seen. Over-recruiting at a certain position is usually the culprit for me.
Yeah Ive had a few players wanting to transfer out. And its like you say its a good player buried on the depth chart.

I learned to try and not over recuit and stack your team with star players. Doesnt do any good having a 4 star player as your #4 RB or WR. Also it helps keep the entire league better and more competitive. The 4 star player you have as your #4 RB could be another schools starter.
Minnesota Wild
Old 01-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #11
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

i got mister simpson from michigan to transfer to my army dynasty. It's the only time I've had a transfer come in though. I haven't seen one in my temple one yet either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
I learned to try and not over recuit and stack your team with star players. Doesnt do any good having a 4 star player as your #4 RB or WR. Also it helps keep the entire league better and more competitive. The 4 star player you have as your #4 RB could be another schools starter.
It takes a lot of self-control which I don't have. By my 5th year of Wake Forest, I started having a huge problem keeping my roster to 70 guys and even cut a junior LB who was an 84 just because I had a glut on my roster there. Cutting a 76 rated freshman just seemed so cold especially when they would probably be starting on my Ole Miss team now. I just have to learn to restrict myself to only handing out around 20 scholarships a year (once I'm good) to keep from having to cut a bunch of good players.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #13
All Star

bkfount's Arena

yeah thats why I quit my miami dynasty. Going with temple or army is tougher. Army must be programmed to get bad recruits or something.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:49 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

When you jump from a 6* program to a 1* program and the highest recruit you can pull during the off season is a 3* and no 4* or 5* even takes a glance in your direction, its tough that first year. At least as a 6* coach I was able to get some people to come because they loved me.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:02 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
When you jump from a 6* program to a 1* program and the highest recruit you can pull during the off season is a 3* and no 4* or 5* even takes a glance in your direction, its tough that first year. At least as a 6* coach I was able to get some people to come because they loved me.
Yeah it was tough for me at first with Minnesota, but after a few national titles things got much easier. But is is still tough to pull in the Cal,TX, and FL kids. Even though TX is a pipeline for me now its still hard to get the best TX players. I found to make it tougher dont play with a school in a bigtime recuitinmg state. Its just too easy.

Question for the guys using service academy teams. Curious if the game is true to life? None of your players leave early correct ?
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #16
All Star

bkfount's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211

Question for the guys using service academy teams. Curious if the game is true to life? None of your players leave early correct ?
As Army, I never had any players leave early, they always graduated. I even had a few cheesed WR heisman winners never leave early. It's kinda cool, which if they made it like that, might explain why I was never able to get tons of talent. I went to like 2012 and still couldn't get top talent. My record was respectable and won bowl games too.

Army is a cool team for a dynasty, since they are one of the independents and you can schedule how you wish to build up a program accordingly. The only downside is that the crowd never gets loud and even winning seasons can't increase the dB's in the stadium. Makes you jealous when you schedule a Texas A&M, and they lose like 5 games..but their crowd still goes crazy.

Last edited by bkfount; 01-10-2007 at 04:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »