Home

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else think this is a good idea? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2007, 03:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

I posted this on the wishlist thread, but I never really got any feedback, I'm kind of interested in what everyone thinks.

I'd like to see assistant coaches in the dynasty mode (And you don't have to use their real names for licensing purposes). Each coach would have certain categories that shapes their role on the team.

Example:

John Doe
Offensive Coodinator
Type: Spread
Experience: B
Teaching: B, (The better the teacher, the faster player develop if affected by him)
Recruiting C+ (this could be position, but thats a stretch)
Coaching Aspiration: B
Play Calling: A- (For simulations, could replace ask corso)
Specialties: QB, RB

Something like that.
When you recruit a player they should have a rate at which they could learn an offense, probably a new statistic would be needed. The better they are, the faster they adjust. If they included a Spring Practice, or a little more with the spring game this could work too.

I dunno...fun to dream sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

I like the co-ordinator options but college football is more head coach oriented than the NFL so it may not be as big a deal. As long as they give you the option to turn some of that stuff off and not just let the CPU handle it I would like it. The hardcore gamer loves to have as much as possible but that may be a real turn off to a novice video game player.

At 34 I went through the progression from the one button Atari joystick to the double digit button, three joystick controllers we have today. Tecmo was about as simple as football could be done - just juke on your d-pad and hit one button to throw. I wonder if the newest 8 to 10 year old video game novice out there gets intimidated by the complexity of today's games.

EA also probably looks to see how much extra money this may bring in compared to the resources required to implement. They do like to have a catchphrase for the cover so who knows what feature that will be this year.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:49 AM   #3
Rookie

I guess I'm mostly pulling recruiting ideas from The College Years: College and the college hoops series. It just seems too basic the way it is now.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:00 AM   #4
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

I really wish EA would revamp the coaching. Is it possible for them to acquire the rights to put the actual names in?

Besides that, coordinators would be cool...along with coaching ratings, etc.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:41 AM   #5
Rookie

I think the coaches names would probably be a stretch. If EA could get those on the games then they would be shelling out some big bucks.

I like how on College Hoops your assistants will scout develop interest with prospects, but not offer them. Thats what I really want most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #6
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

I like this idea, but it may get too much for some people. Anybody remember what the 2k College Football recruiting was like? If College Hoops has this then maybe they were going to go that route with their football game.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 01-10-2007, 08:15 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlandHusker
I think the coaches names would probably be a stretch. If EA could get those on the games then they would be shelling out some big bucks.
College Hoops 2K7 has a bunch of the real coaches names so it might not be that expensive to include at least some of them.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

I imagine they'd have to put this into the game for hea docaches and add coordinators before they get around to adding this level of detail to coordinators. This is EA, we are inching along.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »