Home

Recruiting help

This is a discussion on Recruiting help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Recruiting help

I've just completed my 2nd season in dynasty. I won the NC with Michigan State and am an A+ in prestige now.

The problem I've encountered is the # of recruits I sign. In the first 2 or 3 weeks of recruiting, I usually get 2-4 recruits to sign per period. This is where I snag my 4 and 5 star studs and am usually pretty successful. The problem is particularly in the 5th week. I'll usually have 9-10 scholarships left, so I send out offers based on my needs as well as the usual QB, HB, or WR recruit if I have the spots open. What usually happens in this week is that I'll be in on a few late big time players (4-5*) and then recruit based on need the interested prospects, the 1, 2 , or 3 stars. What's happened though is that I get NO signees in this last week and end up 10-15 scholarships unused. This last time I ran it, I didn't save because I only got 10 recruits total out of 25 spots.

It's not like I'm reaching for players either. When it comes down to the 5th week, all my recruits are usually "interested" targets and their interest level is 90-100%. Is there something I am doing wrong here? I just don't understand how you can be in on 9 or 10 recruits going in to the last week and have ALL of them snub you leaving your class pretty much depleted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Recruiting help

target more players in week 1. Either assign them points or scout them. i usually only have a handfull of scholarships leftover in the early weeks. I don't get many recruits right away but by week three you'll have a good group AND know if one pitch will work for a lot the other recruits.

I normally sign 20-22 players.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Recruiting help

I send out all of my schollies in week 1. I start with need then after I have my needs targeted I go for best available. I do all of this within the "interested prospects" list. It worked on current gen. I haven't gotten to the offseason on 360 yet but I hope it doesn't bite me in the hindparts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »