Home

NCAA 2004: I know it's been said before...

This is a discussion on NCAA 2004: I know it's been said before... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #49
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA 2004: I know it's been said before...

I've been playing this game instead of 07 for quite some time and started playing it again today. It just has that it factor about it, it's fun yet challenging and realistic at the same time. I have some excellent sliders for it on All-American and the only thing I wish it had was in-season recruiting, it's still a blast though.

EDIT: I'm using Abner's sliders that were posted above.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:24 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 62

I bought this game last week at FYE and wow has it brought back memories. I was amazed exactly how good this game was compared to anything that has been made since.

It was weird having Chris Rix at Quarterback again, but he was a solid enough player as was FSU's dynamic backfield of Greg Jones, Lorenzo Booker, Leon Washington, and Willie Reid.

Some other notes, it was so weird seeing Shaun Merriman has an 79 OVR defensive end. Wow he blew up at Maryland.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #51
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I was travelling over the weekend with my five year old, his gamecube and a version of 2003. I played a couple games for kicks, and man it sure did alot of things that I liked (I hadn't played 2003 since....well...uh...2003). With barely any slider adjustments, I had a couple great games...there was some offense, there was some defense, I got to the CPU a few times and the CPU burned me on a few occaisions. I didn't feel the need to constantly tweak this setting or that.

The only problem I saw is one that has plagued all football games in recent years (including 2K5). Once we got to towards the end of the game, the defense vanished and it suddenly became simple for the offense to launch it into coverage and get big gains easily and quickly. Fortunately it didn't spoil the event this time around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #52
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

NCAA 04 was by far my favorite game of the bunch and along with NFL2k5 my favorite football game ever (not including FPS Football PRo for the PC)
Old 04-23-2007, 11:43 PM   #53
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
NCAA 04 was by far my favorite game of the bunch and along with NFL2k5 my favorite football game ever (not including FPS Football PRo for the PC)
Wow, Front Page Sports Football. That is still a great game. I might pull it out and see if it still loads up.

Me and about 7 other guys were in a league on my PC. We had to schedule playing times so everyone could get their game in for each week. I would wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning and one of my friends would be playing his game in my room!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
We're similiar. My top fb games..

1. FPS Football (I believe it was just Dynamix then)
2. NCAA 2004
3. NFL 2K5
4. Madden 2002
5. Microleague Football.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #55
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I bought this game last week at FYE and wow has it brought back memories. I was amazed exactly how good this game was compared to anything that has been made since.

It was weird having Chris Rix at Quarterback again, but he was a solid enough player as was FSU's dynamic backfield of Greg Jones, Lorenzo Booker, Leon Washington, and Willie Reid.

Some other notes, it was so weird seeing Shaun Merriman has an 79 OVR defensive end. Wow he blew up at Maryland.
FSU had to have the best team in NCAA '04. Greg Jones was a monster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2007, 09:47 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 62

They were up there that is for sure. Their safeties were really bad though as Jerome Carter was only a 70 ovr and the FS was Kyler Hall. The Front 7 is awesome though with the insane speed at LB. The CBs have lower ratings but come up big, especially if you move Antonio Cromartie to the starting line up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »