Home

IGN First Preview!

This is a discussion on IGN First Preview! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #33
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: IGN First Preview!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It doesnt take as long as you think to add new stadiums. When I went to E3, the 60% version that I played did not have MD's Byrd Stadium, NC State's stadium and a few others. 2 months later when the game dropped Byrd Stadium and NC States were in the game. I'm not saying that it only took 2 mos to create the stadium but that it doesnt take years.

I think we will see every BCS stadium and the mid majors like Boise St. etc. Really 95% of the potential customers only care about the major teams and stadiums anyway.
I think we are basically saying the same thing.

My point wasn't that an individual stadium takes years, it was that there are so many stadiums missing (more, in fact, than the total number included last year) that it's unrealistic to expect every single team to be "in the game" this year.

They'll probably add all or most of the missing 16 BCS schools, and then as many mid-majors as they have time for.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #34
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

Unless Mario running and suction blocking are gone, I think I'll pass. NCAA 07 got less playing time from me than NCAA 06.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #35
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I think we will see every BCS stadium and the mid majors like Boise St. etc. Really 95% of the potential customers only care about the major teams and stadiums anyway.
And then there's the 5% of us who wonder why our rival (Akron) got their stadium in while our school which is 11 miles away (Kent St.) didn't get the same treatment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #36
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
And then there's the 5% of us who wonder why our rival (Akron) got their stadium in while our school which is 11 miles away (Kent St.) didn't get the same treatment
It sucks but thats the way it is. This game is marketed toward the masses and the masses could give a damn if Kent State or E. Michigan has their stadium.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:50 PM   #37
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Unless Mario running and suction blocking are gone, I think I'll pass. NCAA 07 got less playing time from me than NCAA 06.
I agree. This game has to improve by leaps and bounds for me to buy it. I feel like I wasted money on it last year. I couldnt even get past Year 1 in Dynasty.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #38
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Quote:
It sucks but thats the way it is. This game is marketed toward the masses and the masses could give a damn if Kent State or E. Michigan has their stadium.

Hey!!! A little respect!!!

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 03-03-2007, 03:35 PM   #39
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Oh, believe me, I understand that. Hell, Kent's stadium is a generic as they come (and I would have been happy with a generic "bleachers on both sides and the ends" stadium), but the fact they did Akron's stadium is a bit puzzling. They aren't exactly a superpower, even in the MAC.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #40
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwig
i know you can't base anything off one screenshot but it looks like it will play the same as 07. I think I will rent this before I buy this year.
I'm sorry but that's hilarious.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »