Home

Gamespot NCAA 08 preview

This is a discussion on Gamespot NCAA 08 preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Gamespot NCAA 08 preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Yeah...more GIMMICKS.

But DONT concentrate on all this "fluff" when you have issues like collision detection that is beyond absurd (hey to the D End who sacks my QB when he's 3 yards away) or how the AI loves to throw the ball into triple coverage repeatedly.
Preach! No more:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicksentZ
Preach! No more:

Old 04-19-2007, 01:44 AM   #43
Rookie

usmgoldeneagles's Arena

OVR: 2

So is this coming out on PS2?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:44 AM   #44
d*v*'s * k*ll*r!

ThatCanadianGuy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
At the peak of his motivation, the player icon was pulsing orange and red and, when he finally crossed into the end zone on a sharp end run, the motivation blasted out to engulf the field in that same orange and red glow
What the hell? lol.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:26 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Yeah...more GIMMICKS.

For the love of all that is holy...I don't give a rip about a friggin' jumbotron or playing in a friggin' High School game.

I never play the side games..I never play the mascot games..I never play the "Race for the Heisman" crap...I just want to play FOOTBALL.

If you want all that other stuff..GREAT!! Include it.

But DONT concentrate on all this "fluff" when you have issues like collision detection that is beyond absurd (hey to the D End who sacks my QB when he's 3 yards away) or how the AI loves to throw the ball into triple coverage repeatedly.

Get the CORE of the game...the gameplay..the HEART and SOUL of the game right FIRST...THEN move on to the "gimmicks".

*exhale*

End of rant.
Amen brother.

Hey everyone look at all the stadiums! I would be fine playing in the same generic stadium every game if the on the field product was great.

I still have last years version and if this years is more of the same, I'm fine playing it another year.

In fact thats my new philosophy with all sports games now. If there's not a compelling reason to "upgrade", then why bother. I'd rather just continue my dynasty with the same flawed game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Amen brother.

Hey everyone look at all the stadiums! I would be fine playing in the same generic stadium every game if the on the field product was great.

I still have last years version and if this years is more of the same, I'm fine playing it another year.

In fact thats my new philosophy with all sports games now. If there's not a compelling reason to "upgrade", then why bother. I'd rather just continue my dynasty with the same flawed game.
I second that Jistic. I was hoping I wasn't the only one saying WTF? after reading the Gamespot fluff piece. My only question is, do the developers WRITE and ANSWER these so called preview questions? Why is there never a representative of the NON fluff gamer society present asking questions about the questionable collision detection, the usual DB lack of AI, etc. I mean I still love playing NCAA 2007. If they didn't add anything except cleaning up the things like I just mentioned, the game would suit me, and I think a lot of others just fine. The field starts glowing after an impact player makes a big play? You better do your homework or you may not get to ride the team bus to the game??? WHAT THE ^$%#??
Old 04-19-2007, 10:57 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 8

Yeah, anything glowing on the field will just lead be to take my glowing wallet & pulsating $59.99 and invest it in something other than NCAA 2008.

I have much better ways to spend my time other than playing a pulsating peice of crapola.

What I don't understand, since evertime EA implements a new gimmicky feature (Jump The Snap, Home Field Advantage etc.) they royally F it up to all hell.....why not at least include some sliders to tweak the effects of these overblow gimmicky additions? Or the ability to shut them completely off?

Offcourse if the potential new sliders work the same way as the KICKING SLIDERS for 2007 then all hope is lost.

For the love of all humanity, someone at EA read this thread, understand this thread & fix the inherently broken culture at EA. <----Longest shot in the entire world.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #48
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

I think they should enhance the effect of jump the snap while they're at it. The real challenge in the game is having to score most of your points off of turnovers because your QB can't even hand the ball off in a I formation without being tackled. Just forget about play action passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »