Home

IGN Hands-On

This is a discussion on IGN Hands-On within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2007, 12:39 AM   #17
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: IGN Hands-On

"Motivation Boost" ?????? Good lord.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:45 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Is it me or is there not enough excitement for the new animation system and gang tackling
Old 04-27-2007, 01:04 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 4

that didn't look very good player still look very stiff and robotic
Old 04-27-2007, 02:05 AM   #20
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Damn you EA...I was hoping this game wouldn't have anything worth being excited about, now I might have to pass on that other game coming out this summer and grab NCAA'08 instead...

Hmmm...This is gonna be a last-minute decision, can't wait to hear and see more!
Old 04-27-2007, 02:20 AM   #21
Rookie

F3rN's Arena

OVR: 3

looks better but whats with the huge pads
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2007, 03:37 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

I swear if these players still look like monkeys its almost over for me. I dont understand what these guys are looking at sometimes. The still picks, especially the USC Chauncy Washington stiff arming a Cal player looks fricken awsome. But in some of the other photos and in the video some players just look werid still. I played NCAA 07 for the PS2 and the player models looked pretty good, shoulder pads werent that big. Whats up with this monkey stuff, why cant we take what they have and put it into next gen.. take what they have, and make it better.. not change it... make it better. EA has yet to do that, each year its changed, the pads look a little bigger, the people run a little weirder, and then all of a sudden player models in NCAA 04 look better than 08.

I dont think i can say this enought, and at least this goes for me. I dont know about anyone else. But focusing on Gameplay is great, making new modes are cool, adding new stuff is awsome.... but if the players don't look right and move right, whats the point. You can add all you want to the game but if a player looks like a monkey, runs like a miget, has #0 as a LT and is black.... and i know thats T Joe Thomas from WISC... then this game is garbage. Thats not real to me (or anyone who knows football).

It starts with the players. How they look and how they move. That needs to be right to make a great game, everything else is secondary. The modes, The cut scenes, the play calling, the crowd... all that comes after the players are perfected, and they still seem to not be. When we talk about the game... esentially thats what we are talking about... PLAYERS and HOW THEY MOVE, thats football. Tackles, Jukes, Catches, ect., if the players are out of wack, it makes what they do look out of wack and maybe this game doesnt look as good as people think it should.

I mean, still frames look great, but when i saw the video, i liked the hits, i liked some of the animation i saw, but something to me still doesnt seem right. It doesnt look right. I dont know. I just dont know.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:51 AM   #23
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
What's wrong with it? I think the new screens look pretty good.
The USC guy looks like he has some kind of eating disorder. Look at those arms!

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-27-2007, 08:08 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

LOL. But seriously, I like the new tackling. THAT's BIG for an EA game. Come on that's been one of the poorest areas represented in their game, tackle/break tackle interaction. Now what they probably have not fixed is combo/double team blocking. If it is still single blocking then I hope they let you get off the block better instead of getting pancaked unmercifully. It looked good for the first show.

Last edited by LBzrule; 04-27-2007 at 08:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »