Home

New Gamespot Preview

This is a discussion on New Gamespot Preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #1
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
New Gamespot Preview

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...9805&tag=recen

Not much info, but they do talk about the new anamations.

"The bigger change could be felt in the responsiveness of the players in the game. Players felt more nimble and quick to respond to the slightest change in direction when using the analog stick. Producers are chalking this up to some sophisticated new branching animation technology that is being built into the core football engine that powers both NCAA 08 and Madden NFL 08. Instead of players being "stuck" to the longer animations of their on-field players, branching animation will allow you to break out of an animation and into an entirely new set of moves. As one producer explained, "Why should you have to wait for an animation to finish?" "

I's like to see some videos of the new anamations. Hopefully they are up to par.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: New Gamespot Preview

Quote:
Not much info, but they do talk about the new anamations.
???

Quote:
Another cool features is a new take on the defensive hit stick, one that is designed to even the score between different-sized players. By pressing down on the right analog stick when tackling a ball-carrier, you can cause your defenseman to go low and attempt to take out a bigger opponent's legs--a crucial weapon to have if you're looking to bring down a fullback with a small defensive back, for example. The hurdle button has also returned, allowing you to leap over players with a touch of the Y button. As a counter, your opponent will have be able to use the other new ability with the revamped hit stick--the ability to hit high by pushing up on the right analog stick.
Quote:
A slightly tweaked interface and menu system presents NCAA 08's playbooks in a slightly different manner, which took some getting used to.

Quote:
One of the other big new features in the game, the motivation levels, was also present in the game but it wasn't really that evident in our brief time with the game. To check your team's individual motivation levels, you zoom out on the field by pressing the trigger button and then push down with the right analog stick. A small circle surrounds each of your players on the field, color-coded to match his intensity level. We didn't have enough time to send any of our players into the zone but, when asked about the system, producers confirmed to us that, while "in the zone" players will give a boost to all players on their team, the individual attribute boosts won't immediately turn the team into the second coming of the 1971 Nebraska Cornhuskers. Instead the boosts will be modest, but noticeable, improvements to whatever your players' base attributes are.
maybe they have learned to balance out new features for a change.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

[quote=russell05;3084141]???

I posted what they said in my post, about the shorter animations and new branching system. Not much info like I said.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Sounds good, so far.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
maybe they have learned to balance out new features for a change.
I doubt it. While there are things I am looking forward to, this one has me worried. I really hated the way momentum worked last year, and I fear this will make matters worse.

Lets say I am Tulsa hosting USC. I get a lucky big play that goes for a TD. I am at 5 momentum which boosts the team. My player gets an additional "Motivation Boost". And then I get a few more ratings boosts from the crowd as the HFA meter shoots through the roof. Suddenly USC becomes the underdog to a powerful Tulsa squad. Silly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

New features and additions aside, the big question for this game for me will be "Is it fun?"

The xbox version last year was fun and the best installment of NCAA ever made. The 360 version had me for a little while, but then the WTF moments started and the fun stopped - phantom tackles, some receiver drops, etc. - and they lost me. If they put up a demo and the player interaction/tackling system feels better, I may come back. Otherwise, I'll just see what 2K8 has to offer, no matter how bare-bones it is.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)

Last edited by warnerwlf98; 04-27-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:38 PM   #7
Banned

Blackvivaldi's Arena

OVR: 1

EA is at again with their empty promises...Not this year.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #8
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

"
The bigger change could be felt in the responsiveness of the players in the game. Players felt more nimble and quick to respond to the slightest change in direction when using the analog stick. Producers are chalking this up to some sophisticated new branching animation technology, which is being built into the core football engine that powers both NCAA 08 and Madden NFL 08. Instead of players being "stuck" to the longer animations of their on-field players, branching animation will let you break out of an animation and into an entirely new set of moves. As one producer explained, "Why should you have to wait for an animation to finish?"
"

thank goodness

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »