Home

Current Gen Must Haves

This is a discussion on Current Gen Must Haves within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Current Gen Must Haves

After playing the Show almost exclusively for the last two months, I got a football itch after the draft and popped NCAA 07 back in. Just after a little bit of playing, I really hope they make the following simple changes:
  1. Fix jump the snap. Give us an option to turn it off at least. Instead of showing people running over lineman, at least add a rip or swim animation to add some realism. Its so annoying (and completely unrealistic) to see guys just run over people right after the snap. Guys get beat but its rare to see an OL planted on his butt.
  2. Fix the kicking game. The system sucked big time last year and was an absolute disaster in that the CPU never missed and the user almost never missed.
  3. Allow us to turn off momentum. This led to too many games turning into blowouts.
I'll be curious to see how much effort EA will put into current gen. I know most people at OS will probably be next gen but I bet PS2 sales still beat combined 360/PS3 sales this year. I do hope next gen is improved since we'll all make the move at some point. The fact they are focusing on improved player control sounds really good since I thought it was weak compared to the PS2 version last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Current Gen Must Haves

I too got the football itch and played a few games. Its hard to have defensive games in 2007. Alot of my games end up being shootouts because too many turnovers even with the defensive INT slider turned way down. Its a good game and only needs a few adjustments particularly in the kicking and long ball area to be a classic.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I too got the football itch and played a few games. Its hard to have defensive games in 2007. Alot of my games end up being shootouts because too many turnovers even with the defensive INT slider turned way down. Its a good game and only needs a few adjustments particularly in the kicking and long ball area to be a classic.
Yeah, it just needs tweaking. I think the biggest reason the scoring is so high is due to the high yards per pass in the game. QBs are simply too accurate in the game, particularly on the deep ball. You can drop the accuracy slider which can help but too often balls are thrown on the money or five yards off the mark resulting in picks.

If they truly want to bring scoring down, they have to reduce QB accuracy but in a subtle way - slight overthrows and underthrows, and balls off WR fingertips. There aren't enough incomplete passes where nobody touches the ball. It seems every incomplete pass is knocked down, dropped or picked off. Rarely does it just hit the ground.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Yeah, it just needs tweaking. I think the biggest reason the scoring is so high is due to the high yards per pass in the game. QBs are simply too accurate in the game, particularly on the deep ball. You can drop the accuracy slider which can help but too often balls are thrown on the money or five yards off the mark resulting in picks.

If they truly want to bring scoring down, they have to reduce QB accuracy but in a subtle way - slight overthrows and underthrows, and balls off WR fingertips. There aren't enough incomplete passes where nobody touches the ball. It seems every incomplete pass is knocked down, dropped or picked off. Rarely does it just hit the ground.
Yep, thats exactly it, need more three and outs and games with no or only 1 or 2 turnovers. The long ball is a major issue, too easy to complete. There is a better chance of a short pass being picked off than a bomb and you are right, we need more balls falling harmlessly to the ground. I found that raising the def awareness slider only makes fumbles get out of hand.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #5
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Sometimes these can be the best years for sports games - when a system is past its prime and simply an "afterthought". Few if any new features are added, so the ones that are usually improve gameplay. If we get options to turn things that JTS and Mo. on and off, and some slightly tweaked gameplay, as well as a roster update... I'll be happy if I'm still on last gen a month and a half from now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Sometimes these can be the best years for sports games - when a system is past its prime and simply an "afterthought". Few if any new features are added, so the ones that are usually improve gameplay. If we get options to turn things that JTS and Mo. on and off, and some slightly tweaked gameplay, as well as a roster update... I'll be happy if I'm still on last gen a month and a half from now.
Lets hope, but they could pull a 2k sports(College Hoops 2k7 PS2) and release a stinking pile of garbage that broke everything that was right about the game and not fix anything.

I am sure if they game me 5 hours of code training, I could fix NCAA Football. Throw back in the kicking game from 2006 and the 5 yard face mask penalties that were removed for no reason. Then simply reduce the long ball completion % by about 50% and you would have a pretty fine game. I can live with pretty much everything else.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm in the same boat. Got the itch to play some NCAA after the draft. I tried to get into NCAA '07, but couldn't. I'm still playing '06 cuz' I have good sliders for me w/o the problems mentioned by Rudy and Fist (too many turnovers).
Old 05-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #8
Rookie

rj102990's Arena

OVR: 3

I just started up 07 on 360 again. I started a dynasty with UCLA, Maryland and NC State. Lost my first game with Maryland to Cincinnati 24-38. Too many turnovers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »