Home

Tell me if I'm right or wrong.

This is a discussion on Tell me if I'm right or wrong. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4
Tell me if I'm right or wrong.

With the new hit stick feature from what I've read you will flip the right thumbstick down to tackle low and the right thumbstick up to tackle high.The problem I have with this is that if you are coming on a downward run to tackle if you want to tackle high you have to flip the thumbstick the opposite of where you are heading.I think this will give the game an unnatural feel and I wish they would implement something like to tackle low just flip the thumbstick at the ball carrier or to tackle high hold the LB bumper and flip the thumbstick at the ball carrier.I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill but having to flip away from the ball carrier seems like the game will lose a bit of realism.I love aiming that hit stick and laying people out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #2
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Tell me if I'm right or wrong.

Nah... it'll be just fine. I remember the original hit stick for Madden 05(?) had a different animation for each direction you hit the stick. It's not like it's the directional stick you have to move up... it's a completely different stick.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #3
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

I kind of agree it may be akward at first but just like any of the past changes it will become natural after awhile, I actually think it will be a pretty cool feature.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I don't know that it will feel akward. Hopefully you don't get the two thumbsticks confused and start running away from the ball carrier.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurdenVol
With the new hit stick feature from what I've read you will flip the right thumbstick down to tackle low and the right thumbstick up to tackle high.The problem I have with this is that if you are coming on a downward run to tackle if you want to tackle high you have to flip the thumbstick the opposite of where you are heading.I think this will give the game an unnatural feel and I wish they would implement something like to tackle low just flip the thumbstick at the ball carrier or to tackle high hold the LB bumper and flip the thumbstick at the ball carrier.I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill but having to flip away from the ball carrier seems like the game will lose a bit of realism.I love aiming that hit stick and laying people out.
I know what you're saying. I was thinking the same thing when i first heard this. I always push the right joystick at the ball carrier. Im sure once we get to play the game there will be a lot of low tackle attempts but im not too worried that i wont get used to it after a little bit.

Does anybody know what happens if you push the joystick to the left or right? Because I know if someone is comes across the middle (i usually like to play safety or middle linebacker on D) i usually push the stick at them to the left or right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2007, 03:27 AM   #6
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4
Smile Re: Tell me if I'm right or wrong.

If you play me online the first few days hurdle your *** off because I will be tackling low alot until I get used to it.LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »