Home

Too much unwarranted optimism

This is a discussion on Too much unwarranted optimism within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #1
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4
Too much unwarranted optimism

I started to post this in the "4 new gameplay vids" thread as I started to read post after post of people defending what can only be described marginal improvements in the game based off what is in the videos.

I cant help wondering where the "its only a few plays dont rush to judgement" crowd gets the ammunition for this argument based off of the release of countless other sports titles.

When is the last time a video game had a significant amount of preview videos that over-delivered in terms of gameplay once the retail version came out? In my mind the only 2 that even come close to that were NFL 2k5 and NBA 2k7. EA does not have that kind of positive benefit of the doubt with me.

The truth of the matter is that these preview vids on IGN are underwhelming compared to what the game's producers said we could expect (although it is an improvement overall compared to the 07 version)

I will get it, but honestly I wont be out in front of EB games for a midnight release as in years past, and I probably wont play the game consistently until the new version comes out as I used to do
Old 05-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Too much unwarranted optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7406
I started to post this in the "4 new gameplay vids" thread as I started to read post after post of people defending what can only be described marginal improvements in the game based off what is in the videos.

I cant help wondering where the "its only a few plays dont rush to judgement" crowd gets the ammunition for this argument based off of the release of countless other sports titles.

When is the last time a video game had a significant amount of preview videos that over-delivered in terms of gameplay once the retail version came out? In my mind the only 2 that even come close to that were NFL 2k5 and NBA 2k7. EA does not have that kind of positive benefit of the doubt with me.

The truth of the matter is that these preview vids on IGN are underwhelming compared to what the game's producers said we could expect (although it is an improvement overall compared to the 07 version)

I will get it, but honestly I wont be out in front of EB games for a midnight release as in years past, and I probably wont play the game consistently until the new version comes out as I used to do

Its not optimism....its reality. We only saw 10 plays and we dont know what difficulty level they were playing at so there isnt much to go off of either way. I'm just saying wait and see. The next videos could look much better or much worse but why jump the gun and start yelling "Same Old EA" until you see more of the producet.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #3
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its not optimism....its reality. We only saw 10 plays and we dont know what difficulty level they were playing at so there isnt much to go off of either way. I'm just saying wait and see. The next videos could look much better or much worse but why jump the gun and start yelling "Same Old EA" until you see more of the producet.
Because it looks like the "Same Old EA" from the videos. It VERY obvious from watching the videos that certain things haven't changed. I've already seen this movie before and it sucks.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
Because it looks like the "Same Old EA" from the videos. It VERY obvious from watching the videos that certain things haven't changed. I've already seen this movie before and it sucks.
I just think its silly to count out a game after seeing 10 plays but whatever.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Could you be bigger idiots? It is way to early to tell whether the game is improved or not. I will reserve judgement until I have played it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Ditto when the first vids of 2K8 show up and they aren't mind blowing I wonder it they will get the same treatment.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:11 PM   #7
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Who said anything about counting out the game. I'm still going to buy it but I still think the game looks disturbingly similar to last year's game (in the wrong ways) and that's is very disappointing to me.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:17 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
Who said anything about counting out the game. I'm still going to buy it but I still think the game looks disturbingly similar to last year's game (in the wrong ways) and that's is very disappointing to me.
Why? Last year's NCAA was awesome.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »