Home

IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update

This is a discussion on IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2007, 12:30 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
Ever notice that every year someone says:

"Corner routes are no longer money plays -- if you want to connect, you'll need to time the pass in the window against a vulnerable defensive formation like a cover two. If you wait too long, the safety will be in position to make a break on the ball."

Every year since NCAA 99 i always hear the same marketing line.
lol after looking at the vids roll right roll left all over again
Old 05-11-2007, 12:42 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

EA basically faced a double-edged sword with that Wildcat formation. If they don't put it in they catch heat for not including one of Arkansas key formations. If they do put it in they have to deal with people cheesing with the formation and running options with McFadden.

I just know I won't be playing any randoms that pick Arkansas.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:19 PM   #11
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
EA basically faced a double-edged sword with that Wildcat formation. If they don't put it in they catch heat for not including one of Arkansas key formations. If they do put it in they have to deal with people cheesing with the formation and running options with McFadden.

I am glad that they got the formation in though. I am all for having more varied, accurate formations. Lets hope there is a defense to balance it, but if not it should be at least fun to use in single player with some self policing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2007, 12:36 PM   #12

OVR: 34

One year, you have a company talking about how the new next-gen systems allow them to concentrate on making the stadiums and players look great "with more polygons than ever", without sacrificing gameplay.

The following year, they are claiming it is necessary to drop the detail in order for the game to run at a smooth framerate and thus improve the gameplay.

I'm sorry guys, call me a ***** or whatever else, but this is a pile of crap.

Either the development team is understaffed or incompetent.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #13
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
One year, you have a company talking about how the new next-gen systems allow them to concentrate on making the stadiums and players look great "with more polygons than ever", without sacrificing gameplay.

The following year, they are claiming it is necessary to drop the detail in order for the game to run at a smooth framerate and thus improve the gameplay.

I'm sorry guys, call me a ***** or whatever else, but this is a pile of crap.

Either the development team is understaffed or incompetent.

If the game looked worse this year I could see your point. The opposite is true. The game looks better, and runs faster.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-11-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #14
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42

Is the defense playmaker in the game this year? If so not problem..
Old 05-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #15

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

If the game looked worse this year I could see your point. The opposite is true. The game looks better, and runs faster.
Quote:
Visually, the game isn't as sharp -- helmet reflections are gone and player models are slightly fuzzier than last year. But EA had to make some concessions to get the game running at 60 frames per second, and you will immediately appreciate the difference on the gameplay side. It's faster, twitchier, and closer in style to the superb current-gen titles versus the underwhelming next-gen football efforts from EA.
No disrespect, but I call that crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #16
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I love the wildcat formation being in the game it was fun watching ark. run it last year. Since it's a formation they ran in real life and teams couldn't really stop I'm not sure how much "cheesing" it would be to use it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »