Home

IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update

This is a discussion on IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2007, 05:30 PM   #41
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update

No Create-A-School. You can however named and customize the jersey of your HS team in the new Campus Legend mode.

My Video Game Streams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #42
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
No Create-A-School. You can however named and customize the jersey of your HS team in the new Campus Legend mode.
Can you please provide me with a link regarding these new features and what exactly they all entail Cyros?

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #43
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/780/780221p1.html

Quote:
This season, you create a stud, create a high school and jump right into the state championship playoffs. If you went to IGN High in San Francisco, you'll play on the local field against the likes of Oakland, San Jose and powerhouse Chico. If you reach the finals you'll play on one of the NCAA stadiums for the state championship. Scouts will take notice of your play, and the farther you lead your team the more scholarship offers you are going to get. If you stink it up, you can still walk-on at your favorite school
Old 05-12-2007, 07:31 PM   #44
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
Thanks for getting my back mud!

My Video Game Streams
Old 05-12-2007, 07:32 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

For all you people crying about the comment that it's going to be more like current gen just calm down, it's not going to be like current gen as in backtracking or rolling back progress, but rather in a good way, in terms of game speed, FPS and overall animations. That's a GOOD thing, so quit focusing on it as being a negative. In fact, it's probably the biggest issue with the Next-Gen football games so far, is the sloppy control, slow gameplay and crappy frame rate. I'll gladly take losing that over-glossed helmet to have far superior gameplay.

And the videos look fantastic, the game seems to run so much more smooth and faster now that it will make playing it exciting again IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
For all you people crying about the comment that it's going to be more like current gen just calm down, it's not going to be like current gen as in backtracking or rolling back progress, but rather in a good way, in terms of game speed, FPS and overall animations. That's a GOOD thing, so quit focusing on it as being a negative. In fact, it's probably the biggest issue with the Next-Gen football games so far, is the sloppy control, slow gameplay and crappy frame rate. I'll gladly take losing that over-glossed helmet to have far superior gameplay.

And the videos look fantastic, the game seems to run so much more smooth and faster now that it will make playing it exciting again IMO.
Thats exactly what i was thinking. But no matter what EA does they will be criticised. The graphics still look amazing and i think taking away the glare will make the game look more realistic. When '07 came out im sure everyone thought it was pretty to look at but that couldnt overshadow the gameplay flaws. Now they are actually trying to fix the gameplay and making the game run smooth and people are complaining?

Also, this IS a business so im sure EA has a good idea of what they want to try and implement into the game and when they want to try and do it. When a game comes out EVERY year they cant just make one ultimate game because then there would be nothing to look forward to for the next year. But watch, in a couple months when people are playing the game i bet the first thing everyone says is, "Wow! This game runs as smooth as eggs!"

Last edited by bubbachuck; 05-13-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #47
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8

Did anyone see a gang tackle?
Old 05-12-2007, 10:27 PM   #48
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportGamer24
Did anyone see a gang tackle?
I saw one, yes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »