Home

The Statue - Stunner re-created

This is a discussion on The Statue - Stunner re-created within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #41
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The Statue - Stunner re-created

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I played 2 franchises many seasons deep, and never noticed the cpu using trick plays like this. Could it be possible it was just the teams you played?
I had the PS2 version and I saw it many, many times. Probably 75% of games they would run it and run it multiple times. Most of the times it was run the computer would get stopped for a loss or it would be a backwards pass that was incompleted(fumble).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2007, 06:29 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 26

Man i've always been an EA guy. But 2 yrs ago i switched from March Madness to CollegeHoops2k. And compared the products again this year. What is EA doing with all of their money? They're definitely not putting it back into the games.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #43
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
Man i've always been an EA guy. But 2 yrs ago i switched from March Madness to CollegeHoops2k. And compared the products again this year. What is EA doing with all of their money? They're definitely not putting it back into the games.
There is little question 2K produces the better bball game.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:10 PM   #44
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
I watched the hi res version at gametrailers, it is definitely next gen. I didn't think the ball being held from the inside was a big deal. If you don't freeze frame it or watch it in slow mo, you'd never see it. You do see the ball magically jumping from one hand to the other though.

When comparing the smoothness of that video to last year's 360 ncaa, the video looks good to me.
[begin mocking of chicken littles that show up before NCAA and Madden/APF2Kwhatever]
But but if we didn't do that we'd never have anything to complain about and then we might actually have to do something other than analyze video game preview clips all day. [end mocking]

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:57 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
That sucks! Year 2 for NCAA on next gen and still no endzone art for bowl games. Come on EA, the details make the difference.
do you guys think this means they will not fix the endzone art for all bowl games? its still early
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2007, 04:54 PM   #46
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronut
do you guys think this means they will not fix the endzone art for all bowl games? its still early
yeah... why should they? Name one reason why they should, that has to do with them making more money.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #47
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

It isn't really that big of a deal if they have endzone art or not at the bowl games. I really don't play the bowl games all that much. I just like the regular portion of the season. Thats just me though.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:50 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

I actually would be pretty disappointed if they didn't have the endzone art on the bowl games... how hard is it to port in the same endzone art of each team?? It doesn't have to be specific to each team..... then again how hard would it be to have the BCS logos and the university name in block letters in their colors??? I am a person that gets bothered by that though, I was actually disappointed when I would get to the Rose Bowl and the sidelines wouldn't be colored like they are at the actual Rose Bowl games......

This is supposed to be Next Gen.... and endzone art has been happening for a long time on current gen.... I think the last time I don't remember it being in was something like Gamebraker on the Playstation in 1996-97.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »