Home

dukes stadium in 08 question

This is a discussion on dukes stadium in 08 question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
Banned

ncthompson11's Arena

OVR: 4
dukes stadium in 08 question

I know this may sound stupid to want, but I am a huge duke basketball fan and also follow there football team. I know there program is a little pathetic, but they have some decent recruits coming in and a young team that can only get better. Its ashame with all the tradition of duke football that there stadium can not get in. They are the only acc team without a stadium and this not only hurts duke fans but also people who play with acc teams. When you have a conference game at duke you will not be playing in wallace wade, instead at a random stadium. Anyone know a way to contact EA to ask them to put it in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #2
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: dukes stadium in 08 question

The game is pretty much done its way to late to add anything like that. It will be in the game next year.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncthompson11
I know this may sound stupid to want, but I am a huge duke basketball fan and also follow there football team. I know there program is a little pathetic, but they have some decent recruits coming in and a young team that can only get better. Its ashame with all the tradition of duke football that there stadium can not get in. They are the only acc team without a stadium and this not only hurts duke fans but also people who play with acc teams. When you have a conference game at duke you will not be playing in wallace wade, instead at a random stadium. Anyone know a way to contact EA to ask them to put it in?
1. They don't have a "football tradition". They are a basketball school along with UNC & Kentucky & others.

2. When you play with ACC teams you could care less about the "Duke game". It's just a game to increase your stats 9 times out of 10.

Not to jump on ur team because you should be commended for being a Duke Fball fan but as long as they get the more recognizable stadiums right than I'm cool
Old 06-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

well Steve Spurrier did coach them in the late 80's and they won a couple (I think) of ACC championships.....I wish it was in but maybe next year. Wallace Wade is inrcredibly small anyway
Old 06-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #5
Banned

ncthompson11's Arena

they do have a lot of tradition just not in the past 20 years. i beleive they did host the rose bowl way back in WWII so they do have tradition whether it means anything or not. Is northwesterns in the game or stanford? If theres are duke should be. And duke should be in way before any sun belt team because of them being in the acc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Duke means nothing in football. I'm sorry, I'm sure it had fantastic tradition back in the 30s and such... in the last... what, 15-20 years, they've been cupcakes and pushovers. Just because Duke's in the ACC doesn't mean they should get their stadium in the game quicker than say, North Texas or Toledo.

Especially when you're just scheduling them because you have to or you want a cupcake to smash.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 06-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #7
Banned

ncthompson11's Arena

they should be in before those sun belt teams that got in. duke does play in a tough conference and if they were in the sunbelt they would easily be a top 3 team
Old 06-06-2007, 02:50 PM   #8
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Easily be a top 3 team? You underrate the Sun Belt.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »