Home

Top 25 in NCAA '08

This is a discussion on Top 25 in NCAA '08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #41
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Top 25 in NCAA '08

HAHAHAHA oh ok.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Where are you all getting the ratings?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:54 PM   #43
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
20 bucks says that even after being average to mediocre for 5+ years, the trend continues for FSU to be given a low ranking but be RATED A, A-, A+, etc.
You know, that reminds me of what is one of my more serious criticisms of this game's logic, historically: Why does the top 25 seem to be arbitrary? For example, why is Michigan #2 if they're the best team? Or, what's more, why are they the best team if they're #2?

You know how you can sort the preseason top 25 by team ratings? That list we see when doing that should be the top 25. Why the hell are we seeing teams with a B or B+ OVR crack the top ten, while A and A- teams can come into a season unranked?

The game's initial rankings notwithstanding, I just don't understand why the preseason poll seems directly tied to the prior season's final rankings. I can remember many instances, for example, of a B or B- team finishing in the top 5, and then find themselves in the top 10 to start the next season, even though they're still nothing better than a B OVR, while a team that lost four or five games with a A+ roster will start the next year behind them in the polls.

To me, the preseason polls should be all about a team's talent. That's exactly what preseason magazines and the like do: they assess talent, look at strength of schedule, and rank accordingly. It has absolutely nothing to do with the previous year's final rankings.

I sure hope EA has finally figured this out, though I'm not holding my breath.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #44
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

I remember in NCAA '04 Auburn was rated 6th and they were a "B" overall. It made no sense.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #45
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
I remember in NCAA '04 Auburn was rated 6th and they were a "B" overall. It made no sense.
Auburn always gets crapped on in the numeric ratings for each player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2007, 07:59 PM   #46
Rookie

curtis2187's Arena

OVR: 1

I guess I watched a different Ole Miss team play because only 4 players on the entire team last year deserved to even play in the SEC. Green-Ellis is a solid RB, probably top 2 or 3 in the conference and McCluster had a good Freshman year but other than that the whole team is weak. When exactly did Seth Adams get this experience? He can't be any worse than Shaeffer but I would hardly call him "alot better".
Old 06-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis2187
I guess I watched a different Ole Miss team play because only 4 players on the entire team last year deserved to even play in the SEC. Green-Ellis is a solid RB, probably top 2 or 3 in the conference and McCluster had a good Freshman year but other than that the whole team is weak. When exactly did Seth Adams get this experience? He can't be any worse than Shaeffer but I would hardly call him "alot better".
BGE isn't close to a top 2 or 3 back in the SEC. I'd take both Arky backs, Lester, Little, Coker, Boyd, and now that Fisher is gone, possibly an LSU back or two.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:38 PM   #48
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
BGE isn't close to a top 2 or 3 back in the SEC. I'd take both Arky backs, Lester, Little, Coker, Boyd, and now that Fisher is gone, possibly an LSU back or two.
I would take:
Lester
Tate
Fannin
Davis

all over BGE.

He would be 5th string at best, just at AU, much less comparing him to the rest of the SEC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »