Home

Top 25 in NCAA '08

This is a discussion on Top 25 in NCAA '08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #49
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Top 25 in NCAA '08

I know we don't have a good QB right now. I am not going to argue that. LOL But as of what I have seen, Seth Adams is alot better than Brent Schaeffer. The problem with Brent is he doesn't stay in the pocket.

But I have been to several Auburn games this past year, being that I live close to Auburn now, and I still believe that Auburn will win the West this year. They impressed me with the games I went to, and they will be better than what they were last year most definetly.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 30

You're a very good sport
Old 06-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #51
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't argue over stuff like that. I am cool with what people think. Hey it is the SEC right? We all hate it each other in some fashion. LOL

But I will be going to a couple more Auburn games again this year since I am officially done at Ole Miss now. I will be pretty much gone every weekend going to either Ole Miss to a game, Georgia, or Florida. It is great having buddies at different schools.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated

To me, the preseason polls should be all about a team's talent. That's exactly what preseason magazines and the like do: they assess talent, look at strength of schedule, and rank accordingly. It has absolutely nothing to do with the previous year's final rankings.

I sure hope EA has finally figured this out, though I'm not holding my breath.
Wow, what college football reality are you in? Every year teams get ranked higher or lower based not on talent but overall prestige of school, previous year's success and the like. It's not all just individual talent of players, it's about the school history, the coaching staff, the experience level, etc. Now whether some teams get ranked higher or lower due to recent history is fair is a debate, but to say that teams do not is not being very observant.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins
Where are you all getting the ratings?
?
Old 06-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Alabama having a 92 for their offense is very accurate believe it or not. Just because they were horrible the past couple of seasons doesn't mean they don't have tons of talent. Mike Shula just couldn't coach.

Their QB, J.P. Wilson had a great season last year and is only a junior. They have a handful of young, talented RB's, although none of them are they clear cut #1 guy. Their WR corps will be one of the best and deepest in the country. Their O-Line is going to be very good as well.

Here's my predictions on the skill positions. Now it may seem that I'm being biased with the WR's but they were all rated slightly lower in 2007 so I mean it makes sense.

QB:
1. J.P. Wilson (Jr.)- 89

HB:
1. J. Johns (Jr.)- 86
2. T. Grant (So.)- 84
3. G. Coffee (So.)- 83
4. R. Uphcurch (So.)- 83

WR:

1. D.J. Hall (Sr.)- 94
2. K. Brown (Sr.)- 92
3. T. Prothro (Sr.)- 89
4. M. Caddell (Sr.)- 88
5. N. Stover (Jr.)- 86
6. W. Oakley (Jr.)- 85
Old 06-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #55
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy778
Alabama having a 92 for their offense is very accurate believe it or not. Just because they were horrible the past couple of seasons doesn't mean they don't have tons of talent. Mike Shula just couldn't coach.

Their QB, J.P. Wilson had a great season last year and is only a junior. They have a handful of young, talented RB's, although none of them are they clear cut #1 guy. Their WR corps will be one of the best and deepest in the country. Their O-Line is going to be very good as well.

Here's my predictions on the skill positions. Now it may seem that I'm being biased with the WR's but they were all rated slightly lower in 2007 so I mean it makes sense.

QB:
1. J.P. Wilson (Jr.)- 89

HB:
1. J. Johns (Jr.)- 86
2. T. Grant (So.)- 84
3. G. Coffee (So.)- 83
4. R. Uphcurch (So.)- 83

WR:

1. D.J. Hall (Sr.)- 94
2. K. Brown (Sr.)- 92
3. T. Prothro (Sr.)- 89
4. M. Caddell (Sr.)- 88
5. N. Stover (Jr.)- 86
6. W. Oakley (Jr.)- 85
which would make your offense ranked like a 88

a 92 is JOKE

They went 6-7 for crying out loud!

and how do you think Prothro is rated a 89? The kid will never be able to play football again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2007, 10:04 PM   #56
Rookie

curtis2187's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
I would take:
Lester
Tate
Fannin
Davis

all over BGE.

He would be 5th string at best, just at AU, much less comparing him to the rest of the SEC

I don't believe any of them are better than BGE. I understand favoring guys on your own team but 5th best at AU is quite a far stretch. Anyway, I think it will be a toss up between LSU and Auburn in the West. However, I of course think LSU will come out on top.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »