Home

Names will not show up online again on Xbox 360!!

This is a discussion on Names will not show up online again on Xbox 360!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #33
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Names will not show up online again on Xbox 360!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitkamp94
I think this is a big bummer but heck EA should've just followed the lead of another company and thrown in generic team and player names, then you'd have people saying its going to be the greatest game ever.
You can auto-name the rosters with generic names but...

What's your point?

Last edited by ausar72; 06-14-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:48 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
You can auto-name he rosters with generic names but...

What's your point?
Nevermind what his point is. Move on. I can see where this is going.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 9

Guys....I do not want to stir this up into a bigger argument, but when we were talking to some of the producers at dinner following the hands-on time, I specifically asked about this issue again and I got a different response....

I was told that the next-gen systems WOULD say the player's names online BUT (and here is the kicker) due to MS's recent actions on the use of save files on XBL, if you want them to say anything, you will have to enter in the names yourself. As for the PS3. well, since it was a no show at the event for other reasons, I do not have any idea how or if it would work on that system...

Now, I know many people view these community days as some kind of dodge or pay-off. That's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion and the right to blare it out annonymously on the internet too; but the one thing that is difficult to do is take in all the information available, talk to all the people in attendance and get everything 100% accurate in what is essentially a single 8-hour day of gametime. I may be worng, and maybe they misunderstood my question at dinner, but I swear that what I am saying - that the announcers and the game WILL recognize the names online - is what I understood them to be telling me when asked point-blank about the issue....

So there you have it....we have two 180-degree opposite answers to this question from two people who were in attendance at the Community Day...and since the demos were NOT available to play online, and we had no named rosters to begin with, we are left with no definitive answer one way or the other. I will attempt to have Will Kinsler at EA get an answer one way or the other, but I don't know if it will happen or not...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #36
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Guys....I do not want to stir this up into a bigger argument, but when we were talking to some of the producers at dinner following the hands-on time, I specifically asked about this issue again and I got a different response....

I was told that the next-gen systems WOULD say the player's names online BUT (and here is the kicker) due to MS's recent actions on the use of save files on XBL, if you want them to say anything, you will have to enter in the names yourself. As for the PS3. well, since it was a no show at the event for other reasons, I do not have any idea how or if it would work on that system...

Now, I know many people view these community days as some kind of dodge or pay-off. That's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion and the right to blare it out annonymously on the internet too; but the one thing that is difficult to do is take in all the information available, talk to all the people in attendance and get everything 100% accurate in what is essentially a single 8-hour day of gametime. I may be worng, and maybe they misunderstood my question at dinner, but I swear that what I am saying - that the announcers and the game WILL recognize the names online - is what I understood them to be telling me when asked point-blank about the issue....

So there you have it....we have two 180-degree opposite answers to this question from two people who were in attendance at the Community Day...and since the demos were NOT available to play online, and we had no named rosters to begin with, we are left with no definitive answer one way or the other. I will attempt to have Will Kinsler at EA get an answer one way or the other, but I don't know if it will happen or not...

Man I hope your right that would be outstanding. But you have to enter them yourself wtf is up with that??
Old 06-13-2007, 05:56 PM   #37
Rookie

morganic's Arena

OVR: 4

That is definately some good news, now to know which answer is correct.

I wonder if you can get by the having to name it yourself by renaming and/or changing a player name on someone like FK's roster, because that would make you the one tied to the file.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #38
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganic
That is definately some good news, now to know which answer is correct.

I wonder if you can get by the having to name it yourself by renaming and/or changing a player name on someone like FK's roster, because that would make you the one tied to the file.
Right, I'm guessing DLing a file and then changing one letter or just re-saving it yourself would make it seem that you did it.

This must be good news for all.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:18 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
I was told that the next-gen systems WOULD say the player's names online BUT (and here is the kicker) due to MSs recent actions on the use of save files on XBL, if you want them to say anything, you will have to enter in the names yourself. As for the PS3. well, since it was a no show at the event for other reasons, I do not have any idea how or if it would work on that system...
To me that answer seems like they are setting it up to place the blame on Microsoft down the road for their own laziness.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Right, I'm guessing DLing a file and then changing one letter or just re-saving it yourself would make it seem that you did it.

This must be good news for all.
Even if you couldn't do that I'd spend the actual time to rename all the major teams. I guess I'd finally find out just how tough Fairdale Kings and the guys work at this but i'd do it.

Thanks for someone giving me at least a glimmer of hope. I've been thinking about this since yesterday and until this i've pretty much decided to go back to dynasty mostly, which sucks because i'm so used to playing real human opponents.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »