Home

Transfering rosters to your 360

This is a discussion on Transfering rosters to your 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Transfering rosters to your 360

So when the named rosters come out for this game, when I download them, is this what I use to get them from my computer to my 360? Thought i'd pick this up today.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Datel...oductDetail.do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Transfering rosters to your 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1981
So when the named rosters come out for this game, when I download them, is this what I use to get them from my computer to my 360? Thought i'd pick this up today.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Datel...oductDetail.do
Avoid that, I've heard it can ruin hard drives (well maybe they've fixed it but still) and is a real hassle to install.

You can save $10 and just get the Transfer Kit for $29.99

http://us.codejunkies.com/news_revie...p=8&i=8957&s=8

You can buy it at Best Buy or Circuit City.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-18-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

ODogg.......you sent me that info before. Now I am not too smart when it comes to all of this. And I really haven't read that page. So do you hook that thing up to the computer and download the rosters, say from Fairdale Kings? Then once it is on there plug that thing into the 360? And should it automatically name them on the game from there? See I am not smart when it comes to this stuff at all. LOL!!! Thanks for the info though.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:00 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
ODogg.......you sent me that info before. Now I am not too smart when it comes to all of this. And I really haven't read that page. So do you hook that thing up to the computer and download the rosters, say from Fairdale Kings? Then once it is on there plug that thing into the 360? And should it automatically name them on the game from there? See I am not smart when it comes to this stuff at all. LOL!!! Thanks for the info though.
Yeah it's easy to do. You just download onto your computer in a special folder. Then click on the profile you just downloaded. Then copy to your memory card that comes with it. Then go to your 360 dashboard, copy from the memory card over to your hard disk. Then put in NCAA 08 in your system, restart it and names should load automatically (in NCAA games they always have loaded automatically).

The only other thing you'll need to do is rename the file at some point to call it something other than what it is when you download it because MS is marking consoles of gamers who distribute file saves to the community (long story there).

It takes less than 5 minutes to do all this. The hardest thing is just to make sure when you download the file on your PC that you put it in the right folder (the program tells you where the folder is to put it though).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-18-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

Ok.....sounds easy to do. Once they are named on the game, can you just save rosters on the hard drive? So that every time you turn it on the names are there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2007, 07:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Avoid that, I've heard it can ruin hard drives (well maybe they've fixed it but still) and is a real hassle to install.

You can save $10 and just get the Transfer Kit for $29.99

http://us.codejunkies.com/news_revie...p=8&i=8957&s=8

You can buy it at Best Buy or Circuit City.
Awesome! Thx for the info bro! This is even cheaper!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
Ok.....sounds easy to do. Once they are named on the game, can you just save rosters on the hard drive? So that every time you turn it on the names are there.
Yeah that's right, once you do it the first time then you never have to do anything else and they are there. I think the only thing is if you play online for a few games, then log offline and then go back online later you may have to reload before you go back online the second time for some odd reason. Other than that though you don't ever do anything else with the names, they are just there when you play.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:08 PM   #8
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

Sounds good. Appreciate the info. Now I need to go buy this thing and wireless so I can get Xbox Live in my room.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »