Home

Things I want for 09

This is a discussion on Things I want for 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
Banned

ncthompson11's Arena

OVR: 4
Things I want for 09

-More college atmosphere. Specific team entrances like tennesee running through the T and clemson down the hill. Other teams who dont have something really special can come out straight through a band. Also michigan jumping and touching the sign. Fog would be nice too. Colorado running with the buffalo.>>
> >
-More fight songs. It would be nice to hear the band being played after an interception or maybe a specific song played after first downs. Also generic songs that most teams played should be in. It would make it feel more like a college game if the band played more.>>
> >
-Crowds. There should not be a sellout for every team unless they are a bowl team or a team with good tradition of supporting fans like florida or michigan. When it is GT vs. GA there should be a lot of away fans at the game, but when utah is visiting florida there should be little red in the crowd. >>
> >
-College Gameday. Have it be right outside the stadium, and actually make it look at the stadium. Have a bunch of fans right behing holding signs, and cheerleaders. Have people walking to the stadium and stuff.>>
> >
-More sideling involment. Maybe a guy on the bench picking there teammate up when he falls out of bounds. Have them run down the sideling on a big play, and hold up their helmets or a number 1 finger. Have more players and make them walk around. They all look the same and they just clap. Have some sitting down, some talking, some with their helmets on and some with it off. >>
> >
-Also with the sidelines there should be more people behind the goalposts. I saw some people on the sidelines in 08 so far and they just sit there with there arms by their sides and there knees bent. Have guys talk and cheer if its there team. Maybe some security guys down there too.>>
> >
-Last plays of the game. If a guy hits a game winning field goal, or throws a hail mary for the win Id like to see the players run on to the field to celebrate. I know the fans cant due to the NCAA but it would be awsome to see the bench come celebrate.>>
> >
-Championship game needs to feel different. Maybe have the gameday crew on the field before the game and the players are coming out of the tunnel. They need to have the trophy after the game and maybe confetti or something like that to celebrate. The team should have their championship hats on.>>
> >
-Didnt have 07 but wasnt sure if mascots or cheerleaders were in it. Not a big deal but its part of college football. Itd be cool to have the animals, like colorados buffalo, the georgia bulldog, and rameses at unc.>>
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 01:52 PM   #2
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Things I want for 09

All good ideas. Hopefully next year will be the year for this sort of stuff, opposed to more bells and whistles (HFA, Momentum, etc.).

I'd specifically like to see a dynamic/intuitive crowd that truly knows the difference between a big play and a mundane one, and the difference between a big game and a 'regular' one. If come next near I read info on '09 and see something like, 'All New Crowds: Over 500 unique reactions tailored to specific game situations!' I'd cream myself.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

A month before 08 is out and theres already a 09 wishlist. I think you've got good ideas but seems a bit early.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
Banned

ncthompson11's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Things I want for the future of NCAA Football

hopefully some of these will be in 08 but It will be highly doubtful. just hoping some day it will feel like a true college game
Old 06-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Yes, it's sooo annoying when the crowd acts stupid. They need to put dynamic crowds back in this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Things I want for the future of NCAA Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncthompson11
hopefully some of these will be in 08 but It will be highly doubtful. just hoping some day it will feel like a true college game
I have to wait and see how 2008 will play before I can request things for 2009...Mainly the kicking game and long ball defense. Other than that, I hope they didn't mess up the polls or rankings logic. I have a strange feeling this is going to be broken this year.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #7
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

AD Mode!

-Get money for bowl games.
-Build Better facilities (Weight Rooms, Dorms)
-Set School standards such as grades req.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

people ask for all this presentation... then I wonder what has to be sacrificed for that to happen. then I would ask EA how much space is being taken up by some of this stuff. Alot of people dont realise that you cant add everything in the world in one year. If there was a 2 year wait then that would make sense, but they make a new game every year.

I have to say though they impressed me with the zone blocking. Didnt think they could get that right... and we all know football is played from the line back.

remember to add something something could have to be sacrificed... could be something tiny (like a pad or something) or it could be something huge... like 60 to 40 fps...

ill take 60fps without alot of presentation over great presentation and 30-40fps anyday.

but I am a gameplay stickler so thats just how i feel

just my two cents

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »