Home

Vids from EA Community Day...

This is a discussion on Vids from EA Community Day... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2007, 03:36 PM   #9
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Vids from EA Community Day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Great find, hadn't seen some of these. The video with Pat White fumbling shows off how pretty the game is and how great it looks in motion. Just fantastic. Also kind of neat was to see in the dynasty video, I thought it was interesting to see the prospect search bring up 250 total QB prospects. I wonder how that number compares to real life in regards to the number of D-1A QB prospects? Also what was absolutely incredible was the number of "Athletes" in the top tier of the QB prospects. That is so realistic in respect to how many QB's coming out of high school are great all around athletes and end up being switched to WR, because in high school football the best athlete is often plugged in at QB. Amazing attention to detail there. It also wouldn't surprise me at all if EA actually has implemented some kind of revamped physical progression system for players because I noticed way more prospects weighing in the 170's and under 200lbs. Also just from what I saw of the QB prospects I am loving the variations of physical attributes guys from 5'10" 185lbs, to 6'5" 250lbs, 6'2" 260lbs. Awesome.
I love the athlete/QB too and especially the realistic body types/player models. The athlete who gets moved to QB and all over the field happens a lot in HS. Pat White fumbling looked gorgeous. The countdown to the release date is killing me!
Old 06-21-2007, 03:40 PM   #10

OVR: 34

Very good looking game. The smoothness of framerate is excellent.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:54 PM   #11
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

OVR: 11

Where is the link I can't see it?
NBA:Los Angeles Lakers
NCAABB:Georgetown Hoyas
MLB:Washington Nationals

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 03:54 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

Excuse me if I am missing something. The graphics are very nice. The control appears to be very nice also. But, the gameplay/AI was terrible. The option play where the QB pitched the ball perfectly was not realistic. 07 is flawed with the same problem. Being able to perfectly pitch the ball when you are clearly tackled or hit.

The pass play (replay). The corner clearly left the receiver who ended up scoring on a streak play. What was that?

There were other glaring issues also, but I don't have time to list.
Yes the game appears to have changed, but the core gameplay issues appear to be the same.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #13
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Great find, hadn't seen some of these. The video with Pat White fumbling shows off how pretty the game is and how great it looks in motion. Just fantastic. Also kind of neat was to see in the dynasty video, I thought it was interesting to see the prospect search bring up 250 total QB prospects. I wonder how that number compares to real life in regards to the number of D-1A QB prospects? Also what was absolutely incredible was the number of "Athletes" in the top tier of the QB prospects. That is so realistic in respect to how many QB's coming out of high school are great all around athletes and end up being switched to WR, because in high school football the best athlete is often plugged in at QB. Amazing attention to detail there. It also wouldn't surprise me at all if EA actually has implemented some kind of revamped physical progression system for players because I noticed way more prospects weighing in the 170's and under 200lbs. Also just from what I saw of the QB prospects I am loving the variations of physical attributes guys from 5'10" 185lbs, to 6'5" 250lbs, 6'2" 260lbs. Awesome.
Re:the number of D-IA qb prospects. I was purusing my copy of Phil Steele's the other day, and I noticed that the QB's for my Coogs were ranked 265th, 317th and 96th amongst qb prospects in the year's in which they were recruited. 250 might be a tad on the low side, but when we take into account cpu generated walk-ons it's probably pretty close to the mark.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:00 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Excuse me if I am missing something. The graphics are very nice. The control appears to be very nice also. But, the gameplay/AI was terrible. The option play where the QB pitched the ball perfectly was not realistic. 07 is flawed with the same problem. Being able to perfectly pitch the ball when you are clearly tackled or hit.

The pass play (replay). The corner clearly left the receiver who ended up scoring on a streak play. What was that?

There were other glaring issues also, but I don't have time to list.
Yes the game appears to have changed, but the core gameplay issues appear to be the same.
I think we should actually play the game before we outright call the gameplay terrible.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:03 PM   #15
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Several people at the event noticed this. Perfect pitches on options have been a problem for years in NCAA, and it seems that's still the case.

Quote:
User error. Remember this was the first time any of these guys had played this game. In some cases, it was the first time they had picked up a 360 controller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Several people at the event noticed this. Perfect pitches on options have been a problem for years in NCAA, and it seems that's still the case.

User error. Remember this was the first time any of these guys had played this game. In some cases, it was the first time they had picked up a 360 controller.
Good answers. Agreed. I guess I just don't want to get glossed over and then burned when I actually purchase. This is why I am magnifying all vids so I won't make a bad decision like I did on both EA Football titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »