Home

no refs on penalties???

This is a discussion on no refs on penalties??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
Rookie

xxslim502xx's Arena

OVR: 5
Angry no refs on penalties???

last year there was at least refs that called out the penalties...this year the videos i seen is just a box that comes up that shows the penalty..no ref, what the hell come on ea i know ONE GUY on the screen dont mess up the 60 fps..i mean damn this is 2007 and no refs, has anybody else seen any refs in the cut scene? its not a big deal but its just something that adds to the realism..with no refs its like playin arena football or something...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: no refs on penalties???

I don't like them showing the ref, it wastes time and it's always the same. Does it add realism? Barely any, if at all. There are more important things to put into this game.

Like refs on the actual field, maybe.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

You are talking about next gen right?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #4
Rookie

xxslim502xx's Arena

OVR: 5

yea im talkin about next gen, i mean yea i do end up skipping it but still its better then no refs at all
Old 06-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Rookie

morganic's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxslim502xx
last year there was at least refs that called out the penalties...this year the videos i seen is just a box that comes up that shows the penalty..no ref, what the hell come on ea i know ONE GUY on the screen dont mess up the 60 fps..i mean damn this is 2007 and no refs, has anybody else seen any refs in the cut scene? its not a big deal but its just something that adds to the realism..with no refs its like playin arena football or something...
I prefer the box to the cutscene. Not sure about the reference to Arena Football though, there are refs on the fields at games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

What difference does it make? No one watches the refs give the calls. We just click through it
Old 06-21-2007, 04:39 PM   #7
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I can see both sides to this. Like everyone else, I've always button-mashed through the refs, but I've done so because they looked stupid, weren't fluid, were boring in their delivery of the call, all sounded the same, etc.

If they brought them back and actually gave them some - ahem - presentation where there'd be some suspense/excitement/drama involved with watching them make the call, I'd be much less likely to skip it.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
What difference does it make? No one watches the refs give the calls. We just click through it
I watch it every single time on PS2. It adds a lot to the drama of a game, wondering what the call is and just what direction the ref is going to point.

I guess I just have more patience when I am playing football games than others. I dont understand the rush to want to skip scenes. For me, the extra 5 seconds is valuable in deciding what my next play will be. I watch all cut scenes. Football is not supposed to be fast paced. Its a chess match.

I mean its bad enough a 20 yard kickoff return or a field goal attempt lasts literally like 2 seconds. The pace is already too fast for me.

Last edited by Deegeezy; 06-21-2007 at 05:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »