Home

NCAA Football 08 Interview

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 08 Interview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2007, 10:50 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: NCAA Football 08 Interview

Thanks for addressing the kicking game issue. Hopefully what they say holds true. Kicking in college is a crap shoot and so many games come down to a kick, so it will be nice to see some misses for a change.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #10
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Thanks for addressing the kicking game issue. Hopefully what they say holds true. Kicking in college is a crap shoot and so many games come down to a kick, so it will be nice to see some misses for a change.
Agreed. The kicking game is hardly the sure thing that the past games have made it out to be. It was in need of a major overhaul so I hope that this is true and it's been retooled.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:00 AM   #11
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Wow, I think EA overrated Brandon Graham of Michigan...he's a beast, but 99 ovr?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Wow, I think EA overrated Brandon Graham of Michigan...he's a beast, but 99 ovr?
Yea, that does seem a bit high. I'm thinking though with the new game engine, the overally rating isn't as much an indicator of dominance as before. ie, fatigue system, new rating categories etc...
Old 06-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #13
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

"We scaled this down much more for college to more accurately reflect the difficulty of the game, and also tuned the effect the sliders have on gameplay."

I wonder what this means exactly - if you turn the INT slider to 0 you will get less than 5 INTs per game?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #14
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Operation Sports: Have any changes been made in the kicking game?

Ben/Ian: The main changes with kicking come from tuning. Last year poorly rated kickers were pretty much spot-on accurate, all the time, even with the sliders adjusted. We scaled this down much more for college to more accurately reflect the difficulty of the game, and also tuned the effect the sliders have on gameplay. You’ll definitely see a lot of variance from kickers with lower ratings where – they don’t just kick down the middle. You may even see a missed PAT every now and then!

Sweet!!!

glad to hear this...hopefully it works.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-22-2007, 12:12 PM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Very soft questions. Seems like only questions that could be answered positively were asked.

Good info though.
What questions did you want answered?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
The questions were submitted by our readers, over 50 submitted, some from the Forums, some via email. It's up to EA to answer the ones they feel like answering. If you had some hard questions, you should have asked when the opportunity presented itself a few weeks ago. Of course, it may have been asked, EA just decided not to answer it, nothing I can do about that. I'm just glad they answered what they could, any information is better than none, at this point. Right?
Do you have a handy list you could copy and paste of the questions they didn't answer?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »