Home

PS2 version

This is a discussion on PS2 version within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #1
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7
PS2 version

Is there anything out there about the PS2 version of the game? I am on the fence on whether to make the jump to the PS3 or Xbox 360. I really only play 3 games: NCAA FB, 2K NBA, and 2K College BBall, with the majority being NCAA FB. I don't know if I can justify spending the extra money on a system only for a couple of games, especially since I have my first child coming in November. Although it would make a difference if EA Sports is not including the new features in the PS2 version.

One day the PS2/XBox versions will be dead. Is that time now?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2007, 10:15 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: PS2 version

The only thing I can tell you is that the guys that played the XBOX version at the Community Day called it NCAA 2007.5, while also saying that if you had a choice between the 360 version and the XBOX version, go with the 360 version.

Also, College Hoops and NBA 2K are awesome on the next gen systems.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
Rookie

theMUHMEshow's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
The only thing I can tell you is that the guys that played the XBOX version at the Community Day called it NCAA 2007.5, while also saying that if you had a choice between the 360 version and the XBOX version, go with the 360 version.

Also, College Hoops and NBA 2K are awesome on the next gen systems.
...understatement of the year. NBA2K is AMAZING on 360.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
...understatement of the year. NBA2K is AMAZING on 360.
ditto for the ps3, college hoops is really good too. ps2 games will be there for the next 2 years or so b/c it's still the top selling system, but the work that goes into ps2 games will pale in comparison to the work that goes into next gen games.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #5
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Last year, the difference between Xbox/PS2 and X360 was "eh". The better gameplay was debatable.

This year, it looks like there should be no question. If anyone has an option, they should go with X360/PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2007, 05:52 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm still sticking with the PS2.

There will be upgrades to the PS2 version: automotion, improved deep ball, medical redshirts, summer workouts, fixed kicking game etc. but I'm not expecting a different game. It will be similar to '07 with some improvements like the Utopia guys said at the community day. I loved the PS2 version and since I don't have a 360, I'm sticking with the PS2 version.

I didn't like the 360 version last year with the framerate and control problems being two of my biggest beefs (borrowed brother's 360). The game is supposed to be silky smooth at 60 fps with much better control this year. If you can wait, why not rent both versions first and see which one you like better (if you can)? The Utopia guys prefer current gen and basically said if you have a next gen system, buy the next gen game. However, they also said they didn't think NCAA on the 360 was good enough to upgrade for just that one game.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 06-25-2007 at 05:56 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm still sticking with the PS2.

There will be upgrades to the PS2 version: automotion, improved deep ball, medical redshirts, summer workouts, fixed kicking game etc. but I'm not expecting a different game. It will be similar to '07 with some improvements like the Utopia guys said at the community day. I loved the PS2 version and since I don't have a 360, I'm sticking with the PS2 version.

I didn't like the 360 version last year with the framerate and control problems being two of my biggest beefs (borrowed brother's 360). The game is supposed to be silky smooth at 60 fps with much better control this year. If you can wait, why not rent both versions first and see which one you like better (if you can)? The Utopia guys prefer current gen and basically said if you have a next gen system, buy the next gen game. However, they also said they didn't think NCAA on the 360 was good enough to upgrade for just that one game.
I have heard that NCAA 2008 is more like NCAA 2007.5, that's GREAT NEWS! They didn't need to change much and if they fixed what was broken, i.e. the kicking game and tweaked the long ball AI, then I don't see how you could get a better Football game.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #8
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

PS2 version of EA's NCAA Football:

NCAA Football 2004 - I threw a TD pass to my WR, who caught the ball after it went straight through the LB's shoulderpad.

NCAA Football 2007 - I threw a TD pass to my TE, who caught the ball after the ball went straight through the LB's shoulderpad.

After 3 years, they still couldn't get the collision detection issue corrected (the ball colliding with the LB's shoulderpad should cause the ball to bounce off, obviously), therefore I doubt that there would be a marked improvement between NCAA 07 and 08 for PS2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »