Home

1up Yours says game runs better on 360

This is a discussion on 1up Yours says game runs better on 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2007, 10:18 AM   #9

OVR: 34
Re: 1up Yours says game runs better on 360

Man, you guys need to relax a little. It's one site, being rather ambiguous about the game (They say it runs slower, but don't expound on it).

Perhaps it does run a little better on the 360, and maybe that's because of their experience being more on the side of the 360.

Again, it's a blurb from one site.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:18 AM   #10

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
For everything good we've heard about this game, up pops another instance of EA being all about money. More people with a 360 = more time/effort devoted to that version. There's no excuse for this. Laziness, plain and simple.
Uhh...right. EA needs to concentrate on making a solid game on one console. The PS3 was late to the game and the XBOX and PS2 are on the way out. Of course its going to run better on the 360...why is this a surprise to you?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:21 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
For everything good we've heard about this game, up pops another instance of EA being all about money. More people with a 360 = more time/effort devoted to that version. There's no excuse for this. Laziness, plain and simple.
lol, you think they'd develop a totally separate game for the PS3? The PS3 will be getting the ports this time around. I'm sure i'll be optimized for the best performance.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2007, 10:44 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

This is exactly why I bought the 360. While PS3 is a more powerful system, the user will not see its power from universal games like madden, ncaa or any game that goes on all platforms. The developers design one game that will work on ALL systems and port them over. Now, if/when Sony starts making football games, THAT is when you will see how much better PS3 is than 360. I myself only play ncaa, madden and baseball games for the most part, so I got a 360.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Hey, it's a plain and simple fact that the PS3 is a nightmare to develop on, which makes it plainly obvious that games will absolutely run better on the 360 compared to the PS3.....nobody should be surprised about this fact.

As a developer you have to design for one platform, why on earth would you pick the more difficult one?

Plus nobody outside of the hardcore guys like us give one single thought to how a game compares from system to system.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #14
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
What problems were in the Xbox versions that weren't in the PS2 versions?
Nothing major, just little things like slowdown and more bugs, and the game being designed primarily for the Dual Shock. Although like I said in NCAA 2005 the slowdown on Xbox made it unplayable. Most people wouldn't notice unless they played both versions like I did. I played multiplayer at other people's houses on PS2 and dynasty on my Xbox.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #15
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Isn't this the same site that said MLB '07 played too slow? I'll wait until the game comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #16
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Rosters will be available on 360 or am I missing something?
It will just be easier via PS3 since with 360 you have to buy the transfer thing and a memory card (which I have no use for since I have the HD). Plus the method to get it work seems pretty involved from what I have read. I'm sure I could figure it out eventually but I don't want to if I don't have to. And there was that brouhaha with the game saves getting corrupted, I don't know what the latest is on that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »