Home

NCAA 08 Hands On Impressions: MaddenMatrix

This is a discussion on NCAA 08 Hands On Impressions: MaddenMatrix within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #17
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA 08 Hands On Impressions: MaddenMatrix

Sure is.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

Nice work Mad Sci...
Old 07-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
This kind of information is now useless since PS3 owners are getting a significantly different game. Im guessing no one will ever review the game on a PS3 though since EA will likely try to hide the fact that its not as good.
why is it not as good? Framerate?

It may not be as "polished" as the 360 but its the same game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
why is it not as good? Framerate?

It may not be as "polished" as the 360 but its the same game.
Hopefully
Old 07-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoine66
Hopefully
the PS3 version will have the same features that the 360 version does.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2007, 11:08 AM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

I guess I don't get way people are freaking out. Yes the 30fps isn't as good as 60fps but guess what, you have been playing football games in 30fps for the past few years.

Now if EA would have said that the 360 version is getting the new recruiting system and all the new features and the PS3 version isn't then I'd be upset.

But framerate isn't going to bother me one bit because after playing the first down of the game, I am going to be caught up in all the new stuff and the glory that is college football and forget all about how many frames per second my game is running in.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I guess I don't get way people are freaking out. Yes the 30fps isn't as good as 60fps but guess what, you have been playing football games in 30fps for the past few years.
I agree and disagree.

If you only own a PS3, then you will be hard pressed to tell a difference (simply because you do not have a football game frame of reference to compare it against - ALL football games on PS3 from Madden 2007 to Madden 2008 and NCAA 2008 and APF2K8 are in 30 fps), so it probably isn't that big a deal, until.....

You see a friend's version on the 360 running at 60 fps (or a demo kiosk in the local mall).

Or if you are like me or many other gamers who have both systems. Then the difference is a much bigger deal. There is no logical reason to choose the PS3 version over the Xb360 version unless you are pathologically opposed to paying for X-Box Live (in which case I would question spending $1,000 on consoles to have both only to bitch about $50 a year for XBL)....

The biggest problem here is that switching back and forth between one console version and another is going to be very difficult to adjust to (I know, "why would you?"....answer is because not all of my online friends list went one direction - there are leagues I play in on both systems and this difference is going to really make that tough. The timing and responses of the on-screen players will be different between the two games. THAT is a big deal.

Last edited by Moostache; 07-02-2007 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling / typos
Old 07-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #24
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
I agree and disagree.

If you only own a PS3, then you will be hard pressed to tell a difference (simply because you do not have a football game frame of reference to compare it against - ALL football games on PS3 from Madden 2007 to Madden 2008 and NCAA 2008 and APF2K8 are in 30 fps), so it probably isn't that big a deal, until.....

You see a friend's version on the 360 running at 60 fps (or a demo kiosk in the local mall).

Or if you are like me or many other gamers who have both systems. Then the difference is a much bigger deal. There is no logical reason to choose the PS3 version over the Xb360 version unless you are pathologically opposed to paying for X-Box Live (in which case I would question spending $1,000 on consoles to have both only to bitch about $50 a year for XBL)....

The biggest problem here is that switching back and forth between one console version and another is going to be very difficult to adjust to (I know, "why would you?"....answer is because not all of my online friends list went one direction - there are leagues I play in on both systems and this difference is going to really make that tough. The timing and responses of the on-screen players will be different between the two games. THAT is a big deal.
Moose,

Do you know if the 360 version will be 60fps when you go online? I know that sometimes developers will downgrade the fps, as well as other options, to optimize performance online.

If that's the case then the average 360 owner will already see a difference when going from online to offline play...

As a current PS3 owner and a former 360 owner, I'm a bit upset about the latest revelations of only 30fps on the PS3 (I was ready for some smooth looking gameplay!). I am also concerned about what other elements specifically graphically, will be different.

Last edited by ausar72; 07-02-2007 at 10:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »