Home

PS3 Version pushed back?

This is a discussion on PS3 Version pushed back? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #33
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: PS3 Version pushed back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resin
A shipment issue? Ok... since you speak with such authority, then tell us where you got this info? What, does Sony have slower trucks?
You'll just have to trust me that I know what I am talking about.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Because it's been known for quite a while around here that both Kodiak and CountryBoy are EB/Gamestop managers. They have established credibility when it comes to these things.
my secret identity has been exposed

Old 07-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #35
Banned

GoDevilsASU's Arena

OVR: 3

So Kodiak and Countryboy,

In your opinion, is this 30 frames issue a big deal against the PS3 version? Is it really gonna make a huge difference? Sorry for my niave question. Am I better off getting a PS2 version instead of PS3 one? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDevilsASU
So Kodiak and Countryboy,

In your opinion, is this 30 frames issue a big deal against the PS3 version? Is it really gonna make a huge difference? Sorry for my niave question. Am I better off getting a PS2 version instead of PS3 one? Thanks.
First and foremost buy the PS3 version.

My opinion on the 30fps is that its not that big of a deal. If it was never mentioned, people would have never noticed. Unless you play the 360 version and then play the PS3 version, you are likely to never notice a difference in how the game plays compared to previous years because, well the previous years' games ran at 30fps.

I would recommend playing Madden '07 in the next few days and see how you like it. At least how you enjoy the animations, smoothness of gameplay, and controls because that is basically what you are going to get with both NCAA '08 and Madden '08 this year, with improvements.

With that said, will the 360 version run smoother and handle better than the PS3 version. Most likely(haven't seen both in action can't state it for fact). But like I said, all previous NCAA and Madden games ran at 30fps and I enjoyed them. I also liked Madden '07 on the PS3. So I have no worries nor concerns over the fact that my PS3 version of NCAA and Madden will run at a slower framerate than the 360 version because its what I am used to.

Hope that helps

Old 07-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #37
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

My opinion on the 30fps is that its not that big of a deal. If it was never mentioned, people would have never noticed. Unless you play the 360 version and then play the PS3 version, you are likely to never notice a difference in how the game plays compared to previous years because, well the previous years' games ran at 30fps.

I would recommend playing Madden '07 in the next few days and see how you like it. At least how you enjoy the animations, smoothness of gameplay, and controls because that is basically what you are going to get with both NCAA '08 and Madden '08 this year, with improvements.

With that said, will the 360 version run smoother and handle better than the PS3 version. Most likely(haven't seen both in action can't state it for fact). But like I said, all previous NCAA and Madden games ran at 30fps and I enjoyed them. I also liked Madden '07 on the PS3. So I have no worries nor concerns over the fact that my PS3 version of NCAA and Madden will run at a slower framerate than the 360 version because its what I am used to.

Hope that helps
thanks for the advice. I am in the same boat as that guy.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Hope that helps
The 360 version will run better until it overheats!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 7

If they were gonna push this game back,wouldn't they have done it by now?
Old 07-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #40
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resin
A shipment issue? Ok... since you speak with such authority, then tell us where you got this info? What, does Sony have slower trucks?
LOL, yeah the sony trucks are going at 30 FPS.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »