Home

Where are Play of Day, Diaries, Ratings?

This is a discussion on Where are Play of Day, Diaries, Ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Where are Play of Day, Diaries, Ratings?

The game is coming out in a couple of weeks and nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: Where are Play of Day, Diaries, Ratings?

IIRC, didn't the NCAA send IGN a cease and desist letter to stop referring to players by name (as obvious as it was). Maybe this year they said screw it.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
SXL
Rookie

OVR: 3

yeah i was wondering the same, i look forward to these to get me through the days until it drops.

NOT FEELIN ME/ FINE/ COST YOU NOTHIN/ PAY ME NO MIND.

JAY Z
Old 07-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
IIRC, didn't the NCAA send IGN a cease and desist letter to stop referring to players by name (as obvious as it was). Maybe this year they said screw it.
What is the point of the cease and desist letter? Why does the NCAA care so much that they use the players names? If they cared so much, why don't they just ban the use of names for all football players in college. Just give them numbers, and for their regulated time of eligibility at their respected colleges, they can be referred to by their number.

No more "Hey Johnny, good game last Saturday." From now on it's "Hey #54, good game last Saturday." It's absolutely stupid how we are forbidden to use a players name. If they[NCAA] want to make it so we can't use a players name, then stop using the players names during the actual football game. There is no difference between Kirk Herbstreit talking about how John David Booty will be great this year, than when IGN says what John David Booty's rating will be in NCAA Football '08.

Hell, I am surprised EA can even make a college football game. I thought you weren't allowed to make a buck by using NCAA players. If I'm not mistaken, even with a players number or fake name in a game, they are still in there.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Even so... just give us the numbers. I dont care if they do not give us the names all I want is the ratings of the players on my team... its not like I wont or cant figure out who they are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #6
Rookie

white guy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eights

Hell, I am surprised EA can even make a college football game. I thought you weren't allowed to make a buck by using NCAA players. If I'm not mistaken, even with a players number or fake name in a game, they are still in there.
In theory since the players on the game do not have a name no one is making a profit from the real life players (it's BS but that is what it is). It's illegal to use someone's likeness for a product and not pay them. Since amateurs can't make a living off of a sport and still be an amateur in that sport, EA can't name. Everyone with 3 functioning brain cells knows the game is based on real players. The NCAA knows how hypocritical it is and that is why they would want to ban websites from using the names.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »