Home

CPU vs CPU Discussion

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CPU vs CPU Discussion

I'm sure you can do that... Why would there be a button for it, if you can't utilize its intended function? I'm wondering if we'll be able to go to the 'Controller Select' menu and switch to the middle to sneak past this problem as well... In 07, it wouldn't allow you to leave that menu unless you alligned your controller to the right or left.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #18
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rk 0ne
I'm sure you can do that... Why would there be a button for it, if you can't utilize its intended function? I'm wondering if we'll be able to go to the 'Controller Select' menu and switch to the middle to sneak past this problem as well... In 07, it wouldn't allow you to leave that menu unless you alligned your controller to the right or left.
I hear it is the exact same this year. No CPU vs. CPU. And as far as super-sim and watching the next play, that might be an option, but you'd have to sit there with the game and hit the button every time a play ended. Plus, who knows how long it would take to load between super-simming and jumping into the game to watch the play?
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-12-2007, 01:13 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
I hear it is the exact same this year. No CPU vs. CPU. And as far as super-sim and watching the next play, that might be an option, but you'd have to sit there with the game and hit the button every time a play ended. Plus, who knows how long it would take to load between super-simming and jumping into the game to watch the play?
In the video I referenced earlier, it didn't take long at all. It was just like when you select your play and get right into the game. I haven't seen it done so don't quote me but from that vid...
Old 07-12-2007, 01:52 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
Yeah, I'm so bummed that there is no cpu vs cpu. I know it's totally dorky, but I always liked to have a big game in my dynasty playing in the background while I'm working from home or something. I always play as VT, so I like to watch games like FSU-Miami or any Top 10 Matchups and whatnot.

I figured you'd have to choose a side (just like last year), but I thought for sure this "Watch Next Play" button in Super Sim would work
I actually do the exact same thing when I'm working from home or doing other stuff around the house. I have really come to enjoy this mode as I enter the older stages of my life (32 lol) with more responsibilities than I have ever had.

I know this question was getting blasted when it was brought up in the impressions thread but it seems like there are quite a few of us who enjoy watching CPU vs. CPU games. I'm puzzled why EA would take this out and why the PS2 version had it last year when the 360 version did not. If it is absolutely true that we will not have this feature for the 360, I may be spending another year on the PS2 version for NCAA 08.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:44 AM   #21
Rookie

rj102990's Arena

OVR: 3

On Xbox I would always make a big tournament or a BCS tourney type thing. I would create a bracket on paper and take like the top 8 or 16 teams and play them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #22
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave360
You can do that in the 360 version. It was covered in one of the tutorial videos I believe.
Oh how I wish with all my heart you were correct.

There's likely an option to just "sim to the end" at the press of a button, but not to put the controller in the middle and return to the game and watch the last quarter/half or whatever play out.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 07-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #23
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Oh how I wish with all my heart you were correct.

There's likely an option to just "sim to the end" at the press of a button, but not to put the controller in the middle and return to the game and watch the last quarter/half or whatever play out.

Yeah that's what I was talking about. Just the "sim to the end" button.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #24
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksolo12
I actually do the exact same thing when I'm working from home or doing other stuff around the house. I have really come to enjoy this mode as I enter the older stages of my life (32 lol) with more responsibilities than I have ever had.

I know this question was getting blasted when it was brought up in the impressions thread but it seems like there are quite a few of us who enjoy watching CPU vs. CPU games. I'm puzzled why EA would take this out and why the PS2 version had it last year when the 360 version did not. If it is absolutely true that we will not have this feature for the 360, I may be spending another year on the PS2 version for NCAA 08.
I'm in the same boat as you, man. So much stuff to do, you find other ways to enjoy the games b/c you don't have large blocks of time to just sit in front of the TV and concentrate anymore.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »