Home

CPU vs CPU Discussion

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2007, 02:07 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: CPU vs CPU Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
Yes, but you have to click the button for each play, correct? I'd like to step away from the TV, get some work done, come back and see how the game is going.

Why it's not there make entirely no sense to me. They obviously have the offense and defense AI built into the game for singleplayer, yet they've excluded CPU vs. CPU. It's almost like you woulf purposely have to remove this "feature" to make it unavailable - all the pieces are already there.
Correct. I dont know the excuse but I'm sure they didnt take it out for no reason. Also I'm sure EA is as surprised as I am about the number of people who watch CPU v. CPU games. The large majority of people buy the game to play it. With that said, I understand your frustration.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #34
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Anybody know if the PS3 version may have CPU vs. CPU?
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't even know if the demo is out yet for the PS3 version. But if they had it in there that would make me change my decision about going back to NCAA 2006.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #36
MVP

Quint75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKingPK
I don't even know if the demo is out yet for the PS3 version. But if they had it in there that would make me change my decision about going back to NCAA 2006.
I am getting NCAA '08 for the 360 in spite of my disappointment over the lack of CPU vs. CPU. Of course, that's all EA cares about, so I am playing right into their hands anyway. The 60 fps really has me intrigued. But if the PS3 version has CPU vs. CPU, I will be picking up that as well, after making some trade-ins. That said, I am doubtful that it will be in the PS3 version, so it's probably a moot point anyway.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #37
MVP

Quint75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Correct. I dont know the excuse but I'm sure they didnt take it out for no reason. Also I'm sure EA is as surprised as I am about the number of people who watch CPU v. CPU games. The large majority of people buy the game to play it. With that said, I understand your frustration.
Do you have any idea who we could contact at EA to express our displeasure and to (hopefully) get it in the '09 version? I really think they need to know how many people love to have that feature in the game.

I still say a patch could fix it, but I do NOT see that happening.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:05 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I just can't shake the notion that EA left it out because of laziness. They figured there's nobody gonna miss it with super sim available, not understanding that some gamers like to watch games while their busy doing other things.

If you think this is bad wait til' gamers get it home and find out there's no option to turn QB auto throw on thus no "Coach Mode". Last year it wasn't that many people with the 360 version, so the criticism was muted. This year it will a lot louder.

I betcha' Coach Mode/ CPU vs. CPU guys skew towards the older end of EA's demographic and thus are seen as not as important.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #39
Rookie

I agree. But I haven't heard anything about the PS3 version yet. Some guy on the IGN board named big weenie turbo claims to have it but we had a falling out over some rude comments he made when I voiced my opinion about not letting EA take my money this year. Maybe one of you can ask him to try it out for you. That way I know whether I'm going to stick to 2006 on the 360 or buy 2008 for the PS3.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #40
Rookie

Risin's Arena

I still have not bought a next gen NCAA or Madden.

My two favorite features are coach mode and broadcast camera angle.

Don't think I'll be seeing either this year.

I will get NCAA for the PS2 and Madden for the PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »