Home

Official Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Official Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2007, 06:17 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Official Demo Impressions

the inbetween cut scene of the score clock get ssssssssssssssssssssooooooo damn old. ive seen it atleast 20 times and im sick of it.

thus far ive had an INT for a TD on my team, a Kick return for a TD, and two fumbles.

fun stuff though

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 07-10-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:17 AM   #34
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

My impressions:

2 Min quarters a lot more than I expected. Can only choose varsity, well its a demo but I was hoping for some outside shot.

60 fps as mentioned before very obvious and the new "speed of the game" aka how fast the players actually move seemed sluggish at first but I got used to it and liked it

For those worrying about the CPU FG, the CPU missed an extra point...

Bigger WRs felt bigger and actually broke tackles, I was tired last year of my 6'5 230 WR not really breaking any tackles, especially against those 5'9 180 CBs

Defensive Back AI much improved, the CPU jumped a little curl and I took it to the house.

I love USC WR #9, is that Ausberry?

Blocking is one aspect of the game that really improved. Downfield blocking was awesome and I actually got a couple good runs up the middle without bouncing outside or without it being a fluke where the CPU couldn't tackle

Mario Manningham flat out rocks.

I do not like having to do that extra tedious step to see my assignments on defense, I'll get used to it though.

Animations are much improved, however there were a couple that struck me as odd, a UM WR ran right into my S and my S did not even move but the UM guy went flying backwards

Broken tackles, there are a lot more of them than I remember last year.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:23 AM   #35
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

60 FPS make all the difference! The game is obviously smoother and sharper. The look of the game just comes out at you on the screen for some reason, which is good. The control responsiveness is great and makes running inside fun this year. Branching animations stand out right away. I had a nice INT and run back where someone looked like he was going to strip the ball, but I broke out of it then struggled with another tackler for about 3 or 4 yards. That never would've happened last year.

Catching the ball can also be user controlled and makes you feel like you can make a play. The CPU make a couple of errant throws that I either picked or just went to the turf.

Game was on Varsity and the DB AI was much improved IMO.

The replay angles look pretty cool. And yes, the helmets have no jaggies (amen).

Also, on the start-up, the My Shrine looks pretty slick too.

7 more days until the retail copy!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 06:26 AM   #36
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Maybe I did something wrong and the game is a bit more different than last year but here goes.

I was USC, can anybody who follows USC tell me how good John David Booty's arm strength is? Last year I was able to bomb play action last year at will pretty much and I was going for a big over the top throw that was probably about 40 yards and well, the throw was much different than I had thought I threw it, but maybe that was me.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Just finished my first game! 60 fps looks awesome!

I won with USC 10-7. John David Booty was awesome in the game. It was tied 7-7 at the half, but I kicked the winning field goal with 22 seconds left!

I fumbled once, but it was pretty realistic.

Can't wait 'till the game comes out!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 AM   #38
Rookie

rj102990's Arena

OVR: 3

can someone explain what helmet jaggies are?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:28 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

They have definitely improved the deep ball! I went for it deep about 3 times and none were completed!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:31 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

WOW.

i had a gang tackle that led my guy out of bounds, in which i fumbled.

there was a review of the play that showed in fact the ball was out of bounds and i won the challenge.

so lifelike

also i never played last years game, but how does turbo work? the michigan HB for my team got run down by the DE for USC. should i be tapping? or holding down the R trigger?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »