Home

PS3 Demo?

This is a discussion on PS3 Demo? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 06:21 PM   #73
Rookie

grayskinner's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: PS3 Demo?

Guys, I was browsing around and thought this might be of interest to you.

After rumors of a delay last week we have heard nothing but bad news for the PS3 MMers since that time. Quite frankly, I'm very happy some of you guys haven't already tried to jump off a cliff with all the speculation and wild rumors flying around about the PS3 version. I just want to take a few minutes to try and solve a few of these rumors to hopefully put some people at ease for the short term.
1st Issue: There is no PS3 Demo
Rumor: With no demo, this proves NCAA PS3 is going to be subpar and EA is hiding the product.
My take: We have heard nothing less than the PS3 is hard to develop for. I think with the issues EA has been having with the PS3 versions of its football games and getting it out on time, I just get the feeling they didn't care to bother trying to put together a demo that very well could have been subpar because of the difficulty putting it together. There is no evidence either way on this being a bad thing or a bad sign, but it definitely isn't good news regardless.
2nd Issue: There was no PS3 Version at the 1st Community Day
Rumor: EA knew that the game wasn't running up to par and decided not to show it fearing some sort of backlash.
My take: More like the first NCAA Community Day was sponsored by Microsoft so all that was used was the 360 to show off the next-gen game. There really isn't anything to see here, it is what it is.
3rd Issue: There has been ZERO information posted on NCAA PS3
Rumor: Once again, EA is hiding the flaws from NCAA.
My take: I think this could be due to a big factor and that's that EA doesn't have that many PS3 debug kits available as per reports from Will Kinsler. So there is a slight chance the lack of info could actually be because there is no way to get screenshots and different builds out. However, I think the real reason for this is, and I'm sorry for bursting someone's bubble, that there is indeed some issues with the PS3 version that include but are not exclusive to the 30 frames per second issue. So basically, of all the wild speculation going on, this is one of the things that really should light a fire under the speculation.
4th Issue: NCAA PS3 hasn't arrived at stores while the 360 version and others have.
Rumor: With NCAA PS3 not Arriving in Stores Yet, that means it isn't being released on the 17th
My take: Not necessarily true. Of all the wild speculation I'd just like to put this to rest. NCAA for the PS3, for better or worse, will be out on July 17th. Instead of worrying about it being delayed, I'd rather worry about what this could mean for the NCAA PS3 version. With EA taking such deliberate steps to try and avoid NCAA for the PS3 from hitting store shelves early, the real issue might be what are they hiding? That in itself has people worried because of all the reasons above all added into this latest one. I just want to give some reassurance to PS3 folks, it is highly unlikely that the game will play just terrible. In fact, I would bet it plays at worst, decent. I have doubts that the game will be missing any features as well, but I really don't want to say it's not going to happen.
Right now, we know a couple of things. First NCAA PS3 will be in stores Tuesday. Second, NCAA PS3 is not in stores now so don't bother looking for it. Third, we know nothing about how NCAA for the PS3 will play because we have heard nothing. Fourth, the game isn't being shown on the PS3 at the community day going on right now. So whatever you want to speculate beyond that, be my guest. As for me? I'm waiting until Tuesday to find out.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Icon12 Re: PS3 Demo?

Maybe the PS3 version is so superior to the 360 version they're hiding it so as to not upset all the 360 people.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:39 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 4

Store got a demoless update just to let everybody know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #76
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

This sucks and does have me worried. I really hope the game isn't flawed but there is no good reason as to not let anyone see the game, release videos, delay the shipment, delay/cancel the demo or anything else. All kinds of circumstantial evidence to suggest there may be serious problems with this game. Maybe all of them can be answered but I'm definately concerned.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayskinner
With EA taking such deliberate steps to try and avoid NCAA for the PS3 from hitting store shelves early, the real issue might be what are they hiding?
I don't understand why so many people see this as the only possible explanation for the PS3 version arriving later than others. They pretty much said the 30 FPS thing was a trade off they had to make. That sounds like they tried to get 60 but couldn't do it without affecting the game negatively. To me, this sounds like it would cause that particular version to take more time to finish up which would explain the game being shipped a week after the others.

As far as the lack of media, it's supposed to be the same game so differences are more likely to be in fluidity of movement and the like, which can't be seen in screenshots so there's no need to have separate screenshots for both consoles. Almost all the video we've seen has been from websites with their own copies. If the PS3 version was indeed finished at the last minute, it's pretty normal for everyone to have gotten only the 360 version.

Oh and BTW, someone here said they saw the PS3 version in a store and there's a thread about a guy on another site that reportedly has the PS3 version.

With that said, I totally expect the PS3 version not to be quite as good as the 360 version. I just don't see the need to go panicking just yet. It may turn out that all of the doomsday predictions come true, but at this point, there is no proof one way or another.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #78
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I've saw a pic of the ps3 box on line that someone has but no info
Old 07-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #79
Pro

Tmac's Arena

OVR: 5

Somebody had this posted on DT's forums. So at least one person has it apparently.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ps32.jpg (19.6 KB, 98 views)
Old 07-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This sucks and does have me worried. I really hope the game isn't flawed but there is no good reason as to not let anyone see the game, release videos, delay the shipment, delay/cancel the demo or anything else. All kinds of circumstantial evidence to suggest there may be serious problems with this game. Maybe all of them can be answered but I'm definately concerned.
I don't think the game will be flawed just because it's not running at 60 FPS. I would suspect it will play just the same as the XBOX 360 version. I'm getting it for the PS3 this year because I prefer the that controller over the 360's.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »