Home

Demo - Dirty Disc Error???

This is a discussion on Demo - Dirty Disc Error??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Demo - Dirty Disc Error???

Does anyone have any clue as to why I would get a dirty disc error when trying to launch this demo? I downloaded it twice, but both times I receive this error after the EA sports logo. There is no disc of any kind in my 360 and the tray is closed. I was pretty psyched to check this game out tonight...bummer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Demo - Dirty Disc Error???

Uh oh. Your system could be dying. I started getting dirty disc errors, and then a week later I was greeted by the 3 RRoD. Of course, that was with an actual disc in the drive...
Old 07-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2NC
Does anyone have any clue as to why I would get a dirty disc error when trying to launch this demo? I downloaded it twice, but both times I receive this error after the EA sports logo. There is no disc of any kind in my 360 and the tray is closed. I was pretty psyched to check this game out tonight...bummer.
well it's playing from the HDD, so it's obviously an issue with that. Try downloading it again to see if it was just a mess up with the download. If not, it's your HDD then.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
well it's playing from the HDD, so it's obviously an issue with that. Try downloading it again to see if it was just a mess up with the download. If not, it's your HDD then.

Interesting...

This answers alot of questions for me...

I normally only get DDE with EA Sports games....It's gotta be the coding rather and an actual disc. It would be nice to have accurate error info when a game fails to load. Rather than a universal "Dirty Disc Read Error"...which obviously covers a whole array of issues.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:24 PM   #5
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoL2k
Interesting...

This answers alot of questions for me...

I normally only get DDE with EA Sports games....It's gotta be the coding rather and an actual disc. It would be nice to have accurate error info when a game fails to load. Rather than a universal "Dirty Disc Read Error"...which obviously covers a whole array of issues.
well the console doesn't care if you're playing the game on a DVD disk or a game from the HDD, it still has to load things. If it can't in a given amount of time, it'll give you a DDE. So technically, it is a dirty disk error, since it's failing to read from your hard disk drive properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 11:27 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I didn't get a DDE when I downloaded but it'd say something like "Demo failed to start - please re-download" and then give www.xbox.com/support website. I downloaded again and same thing. I deleted, then downloaded again, same thing.

So I finally fixed it by deleting some old demos I don't play anymore, deleted the NCAA demo, re-downloaded and it works now. You may want to try this and see if it works.

I may end up having to get a new hard disk at this point, I dunno, I'm just hoping this one will be ok for another 3 or 4 months anyways.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-12-2007, 12:20 AM   #7
Rookie

Thanks to everyone who replied. I had deleted all my game saves and downloads, and still I received the DDE. Luckily I had purchased a replacement warranty from EB games as this was my 3rd unit. Each time I exchanged a dead 360 I would purchase the warranty. EB games told me that the rules have changed recently and that their warranty would kick in after the first year, and that MS would cover the first if I purchased another warranty for the new one. I passed on it this time, as I'm almost certain this one won't last a year....this is now my 4th 360 since May 9th 2006 hence the negative thinking. On the brightside I was finally able to play the NCAA demo and am looking forward to next week, with my fingers crossed.
According to the EB staff, the newer built 360's should start being manufactured in September and hitting the stores in time for the holidays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »