Home

Walmart.com

This is a discussion on Walmart.com within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #25
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Walmart.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky3
actually the game is in stock and this has changed since it was marked as pre-order yesterday, also called and they do have it in stock
You called your local Wal-Mart and they had it in stock? You could try printing the page out, and going to Wal-Mart. If it's a 24 hour store, wait til 11 or so and get a night shift employee. Might work for you..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpTiOnMaStA
You guys aren't going to get it any earlier than the 17th.

Not to crush your dreams but their website has been all screwed up for a while now, and not only that, this happens yearly. Every time people get it exactly on time - July 17th or whatever the release date is but never early unless they find a store who sells it to them.
I think deep down, anyone who is trying this knows this. They just don't want to be sitting here on Friday or Monday seeing posts from people who tried it and got it early.

I'm actually the same way...but I'm going to resist the temptation.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #27
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I think deep down, anyone who is trying this knows this. They just don't want to be sitting here on Friday or Monday seeing posts from people who tried it and got it early.

I'm with you, resisting the temptation. If I could pick it up in-store, I'd be all over it. Unfortunately, Wal-Mart doesn't do that for some reason.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #28
Rookie

kewlerthanu182's Arena

OVR: 2

Eh I went for it because the plan was going to be to pay $10 for shipping to get it on tuesday from ebgames or something like that. If it doesn't come friday I'll cancel it then save the $7 extra and get it on tuesday.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #29
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy

Exactly.

If I can get it Monday, that's awesome. If it doesn't come...I'll eat the shipping, buy it at WalMart that morning, and then return the copy that comes in the mail whenever it arrives.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #30
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13

Eff Walmart

Eff McDonalds
Old 07-11-2007, 10:22 PM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

my thinking is this. Whats the worst that could happen, I have to wait until Tuesday to get the game. In the meantime I am driving to different stores different days hoping to land a copy. The money that I am saving on gas pales in comparison to the money that I am spending for 1-day shipping.

If the game doesn't come this Friday or Saturday then I either cancel the order or return the copy I receive to one of my friendly neighborhood Wal-Marts and get my money back.

The best thing that could happen, I could be playing this game all weekend. I'll take my chances.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I hate to say it but you guys won't get it early, i had it on order since july 3rd and everyday it would say the same thing on their site "processing - should arrive by july 6th". Even today it still said that. So i called them today and they said that the website shows that date sure but they can't ship it before the street date. I asked him what the date was and he said early August (LOL).

So yeah I went ahead and cancelled.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »