Home

Heated Battles with friends....

This is a discussion on Heated Battles with friends.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #9
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Heated Battles with friends....

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
Please. One million posts about Franchise Modes, Dynasty modes, Lack of Cheerleader sideline interaction, Class edits. etc, and we get ONE post about playing against actual human competition and you take issue with THAT??? Please.
No, if you read the original post, he says there is no reason to play unless you have a buddy in your face yelling at you. Many people are not like that. I don't think the poster had any issue with human vs. human play.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:56 AM   #10
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

nj, you started this, you didn't stay on topic at all, you just started ripping on people that play dynasty, don't whine when people get upset at that.

BOT: Me and my friends play drinking game Madder/NCAA, shot for touchdowns, shot for turnovers, pick 6 is 3 shots. You get sacked for 6 yard loss drink for 6 seconds... so on and so forth.

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Old 07-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #11
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderzx24
Just wondering since NCAA 08 is coming out Tuesday if anybody has had heated battles with their friends? IE

My friends and I usually bet 20 bucks a game (not all the time) and it gets pretty competitive, and maybe once or twice a controller has gotten broken lol. Granted were both 22 and played in competitive sports in college. Also there been times when my friend talks so much crap, because he is killing me in NCAA I just throw the controller down and walk out the house and leave. Granted I believe this is a little overboard and just my extreme competitive juices flowing, but does anybody else have occurances like this? I believe in some aspects this is what makes NCAA so great. My friends and I have had some wars IE

4th and 1...@ the 1 yard line. 5 Seconds left I am up by 5 pts he has the ball @ the 1 yard line. Does the bull**** FB Dive goaline and I hit the hole perfectly with my SS and hit him, 2000 pts classic. Best game ever.

Sorry if nobody cares for this...hopefully some do and can relate

Sounds like games I have with my buddies...Sounds awesome man.

I will say tho a few of you sound like idiots in this topic. Dont have a friend so don't play? Like the other said people arent always around.

To the other guy, Sure everyone loves Human vs Human if its sim and so on but there is nothing wrong with playing some great dynasty games. Recruiting is awesome and just playin the season is awesome. With Sliders and Heisman levels its very hard to just go in and win every game 40-0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
No, if you read the original post, he says there is no reason to play unless you have a buddy in your face yelling at you. Many people are not like that. I don't think the poster had any issue with human vs. human play.
My response was directed at J-unit, not the original poster. I am in total agreement with the original poster.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbgatorade0202
Sounds like games I have with my buddies...Sounds awesome man.

I will say tho a few of you sound like idiots in this topic. Dont have a friend so don't play? Like the other said people arent always around.

To the other guy, Sure everyone loves Human vs Human if its sim and so on but there is nothing wrong with playing some great dynasty games. Recruiting is awesome and just playin the season is awesome. With Sliders and Heisman levels its very hard to just go in and win every game 40-0.
No, what is idiotic are the many posts I've read where guys rip the game saying its boring, etc. because they have grown tired of building their "dynasties" and beating up the CPU. Of course that would get tired and old real fast. Hello, if you play against your endless supply of human comp, the game NEVER gets old. Why? Because EVERY game is a new experience.

I wasn't trying to go off topic, its just a RARE site to see another fan of human comp on this site.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
No, what is idiotic are the many posts I've read where guys rip the game saying its boring, etc. because they have grown tired of building their "dynasties" and beating up the CPU. Of course that would get tired and old real fast. Hello, if you play against your endless supply of human comp, the game NEVER gets old. Why? Because EVERY game is a new experience.

I wasn't trying to go off topic, its just a RARE site to see another fan of human comp on this site.

Damn right...granted Im 22 and in college so its study/school/drink/ncaa...since I will be living in the dorms this upcoming semester I am pretty sure my 46" LCD that I am bringing in the dorm with NCAA...i will be a popular dorm room.

Also I don't really care for all the other "extra" stuff like the stadiums looking 100% accurate or the cheerleaders or sideline guys. If after a hard game w/ a friend my blood pressure is a little higher and my friend or I are mad at each other...then everything is okay with me

NJ you got AIM or anything like that?

Last edited by raiderzx24; 07-12-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

I build dynasties and kill people in human competition. Throw me on your friends list if you think you could beat me....lol
xbox live: Lucky Lacy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderzx24
Damn right...granted Im 22 and in college so its study/school/drink/ncaa...since I will be living in the dorms this upcoming semester I am pretty sure my 46" LCD that I am bringing in the dorm with NCAA...i will be a popular dorm room.

Also I don't really care for all the other "extra" stuff like the stadiums looking 100% accurate or the cheerleaders or sideline guys. If after a hard game w/ a friend my blood pressure is a little higher and my friend or I are mad at each other...then everything is okay with me

NJ you got AIM or anything like that?
See Raider, that's what I'm talking about! You and your boys are going to be in there competing, talking trash, just going at it having a good time! Yet, there is going to be that one guy down the hall who refuses to join in. He has the game, but he would much rather sit in his room, by himself, door shut, sitting in front of his console deciding whether or not he should go on a "virtual" recruiting visit to check out this top recruit?? He will then commence to building his franchise and winning a bunch of "National Championships". He will pour soda all all himself just to celebrate his "achievement", by himself...alone....in his room. All the while, you and your boys will be down the hall, getting it in, seeing who REALLY has skills. Then, to make matters worse, around November, that same guy will make a post on these boards complaining that the game is collecting dust on his shelf because it is not a challenge anymore....WTF????

I'm never on AIM but just add me to your friend's list. We should get a game in next week after it comes out...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »