Home

Heated Battles with friends....

This is a discussion on Heated Battles with friends.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2007, 05:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Heated Battles with friends....

Just wondering since NCAA 08 is coming out Tuesday if anybody has had heated battles with their friends? IE

My friends and I usually bet 20 bucks a game (not all the time) and it gets pretty competitive, and maybe once or twice a controller has gotten broken lol. Granted were both 22 and played in competitive sports in college. Also there been times when my friend talks so much crap, because he is killing me in NCAA I just throw the controller down and walk out the house and leave. Granted I believe this is a little overboard and just my extreme competitive juices flowing, but does anybody else have occurances like this? I believe in some aspects this is what makes NCAA so great. My friends and I have had some wars IE

4th and 1...@ the 1 yard line. 5 Seconds left I am up by 5 pts he has the ball @ the 1 yard line. Does the bull**** FB Dive goaline and I hit the hole perfectly with my SS and hit him, 2000 pts classic. Best game ever.

Sorry if nobody cares for this...hopefully some do and can relate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2007, 09:14 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Heated Battles with friends....

Yes, I can definitely relate. Unfortunately, you've come to the wrong place if you expect to find many folks who enjoy hum vs hum competition. I would say the OVERWHELMING majority of OS gamers would much rather sit in a room by themselves, building their "franchises", hitting the "virtual recruiting trail", beating the shizz out of the poor, helpless CPU, then coming on these boards and moaning about how the game is boring them. I could be wrong but I don't think many OS gamers have or want friends to be perfectly honest. At least that's the impression I've concluded after a few years of hearing this worship of solo gaming.

By the way, the gamertag is njskillz if you are looking for some sim, HUM vs HUM comp.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

me and my friends get competitive with the trash talk and every thing its what makes the game if you dont have a buddy right next to you play getting in your face talking trash there is really no reason to play
Old 07-12-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cTsFATTONY
me and my friends get competitive with the trash talk and every thing its what makes the game if you dont have a buddy right next to you play getting in your face talking trash there is really no reason to play

AMEN!! Its good to know I'm not the only one who is still into competition against other thinking, breathing humans.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
AMEN!! Its good to know I'm not the only one who is still into competition against other thinking, breathing humans.
What the heck are you even talking about? Plenty of OS'ers like playing online and/or against buddies. I like playing against friends too, but I'm a little too old for the controller slamming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Smile Re: Heated Battles with friends....

Big time -

Me and my ex-roomie, Mike, have had some classic NCAA games. He being a florida alum, and I an alumnus for Tennessee it just begs for some competetive games.

We always run in dynasty mode - which makes the games that much more important, and many a seasons have been lost from our match up.

On the flip side - We also play madden together but go the co-op route, and you'd think that'd be a bit more tame.... but just ask him how the hell Eddie George could drop the wide open swing pass on 4th and 3 in the superbowl vs Greenbay in 2003, and he'll swear it was a bad pass and then here comes the fight.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #7
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cTsFATTONY
OK Mr. Superior, you're right. Your way must be the only way to play. I guess I should trade my 360 in tonight since I don't have friends living at my house 24/7. We're all not 17 years old on this site if you haven't noticed. Congrats to you on being awesome.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
OK Mr. Superior, you're right. Your way must be the only way to play. I guess I should trade my 360 in tonight since I don't have friends living at my house 24/7. We're all not 17 years old on this site if you haven't noticed. Congrats to you on being awesome.
Please. One million posts about Franchise Modes, Dynasty modes, Lack of Cheerleader sideline interaction, Class edits. etc, and we get ONE post about playing against actual human competition and you take issue with THAT??? Please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »