Home

thanks espn classic

This is a discussion on thanks espn classic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
thanks espn classic

all i typically ever want to watch on espn classic is college football but they refuse to show anything but poker, bowling and american gladiators now. this weekend i don't want to see, hear, or even think about college football and i flip in on classic and the arizona st.- ohio state rose bowl is on.

i just want this weekend to fly by but due to financial restrictions i'm not allowing myself to spend a dime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: thanks espn classic

LOL, this thread is nice and O/T but yeah ESPN Classic is probably the biggest waste of space on TV and that's saying alot. The potential of that station is out of this world.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Arizona St-OSU, then Miami-OSU, then USC-Texas.

I wish I didn't have to go to work.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

I agree. Its really sad. Just when boxings popularity is at an all time low, lets put fights on. That makes a lot of sense. As is the case with a lot of what E!SPN offers, it was good in the beginning but now theyre acting like showing something people want to see is too expensive.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

i used to absolutely love espn classic. it was my favorite channell on tv. in college i used to never schedule classes from 1-3 pm because they had college football on every day at that time.....it seemed like 3/4 of their programing was dedicated to actual CLASSICS. now it never even has legitimate sports on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Yea I used to like when they had like a friday night marathon of college football games. But they stopped that a few years ago and I never really watched it seriously after that. Now I dont even get it.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

It's hard to believe ESPN Classic is already ten years old. I remember the original commercials, "All those stories about how young we used to be, how great we used to be, blah blah blah........they're all true!" Great commercial, too bad I can't find it on YouTube.

Here's a note on Wiki about the programming........

Quote:
In a cost-cutting move, the schedule (as of February 20, 2007) is largely composed of ESPN original programming, highlighting sports such as poker, bowling, and bass fishing, with less emphasis on re-airing classic games of major-league sports such as National Basketball Association, National Hockey League, Major League Baseball, and National Collegiate Athletic Association games. (Arena Football was added in March 2007 as part of the new TV contract between the league and ESPN.)

Many of the pro sports games once aired on ESPN Classic are available on NBA TV, NFL Network, Mid-Atlantic Sports Network, New England Sports Network, SportsNet New York, YES Network, and Versus, depending on the team and sport. However, most of the broadcasts on regional sports networks are subject to blackout away from the home team's territory.
In addition, the network presents some original programs (see below).

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 07-14-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I've never really cared for ESPN Classic anyway. I think their editing decisions are generally crap - like showing a three-and-out but not showing a turnover or touchdown - and I'll never tire of complaining about how they think it's cool to front-sell something from a sporting event.

If the whole idea is to 're-experience' something, why in the hell would you cut to a clip of what's about to happen when you go to commercial? That always rubbed me so bad I've never really given them the time of day since.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »