Home

Russell05 Community Day #2 Impressions

This is a discussion on Russell05 Community Day #2 Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2007, 04:34 PM   #17
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Russell05 Community Day #2 Impressions

Quote:
could you elaborate more on the espn? can surf my menus while the espn radio is going?
The espn podcast thing is great I think its the same thing thats in NBA Live but that game isn't worthy to be put in my 360 yet.

Quote:
Thanks for the write up, but for a feature that gave you such a positive impression, you sure don't say much about it. I don't even know what you're talking about.
Well I only heard the show one time last night, if your logged in online an espn podcast show will just start playing from time to time and its all current events in the sports world.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks for these impressions Russell. I'm still saddened that there's no coach mode or auto-throw but when I converted to coach mode with NCAA 05, it was primarily to make it more fair for my cpu opponent. Now that the ratings matter I should be alright playing the game. Well, I'll still just be the QB because I like the thought of being a player on the team.

Thanks again for the info!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #19
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for these impressions Russell. I'm still saddened that there's no coach mode or auto-throw but when I converted to coach mode with NCAA 05, it was primarily to make it more fair for my cpu opponent. Now that the ratings matter I should be alright playing the game. Well, I'll still just be the QB because I like the thought of being a player on the team.
No problem man the thing I do not think that the auto will ever come back I know that sucks but thats just the vibe I got.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I don't know what they call it but I can still press hard right when I throw the ball to a WR running left to right and it'll throw the ball to the right, sometimes 5 or 6 yards too far if I press too hard. And if I do nothing the ball usually goes right to the WR. So whether it's called precision passing or whatever, I can still do this and I do it all the time, it's not my imagination either.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-15-2007, 03:08 PM   #21
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

Quote:
I don't know what they call it but I can still press hard right when I throw the ball to a WR running left to right and it'll throw the ball to the right, sometimes 5 or 6 yards too far if I press too hard. And if I do nothing the ball usually goes right to the WR. So whether it's called precision passing or whatever, I can still do this and I do it all the time, it's not my imagination either.
I never said you can't lead WR its just that they took the old system out and re-did some things and then put it back in there but its not called precision passing anymore. You can still throw High and low with ease but thowing left and right now has more risk to it.

Also have you guys tried throwing across the field on your back foot the ball goes like 4 yards this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
I never said you can't lead WR its just that they took the old system out and re-did some things and then put it back in there but its not called precision passing anymore. You can still throw High and low with ease but thowing left and right now has more risk to it.

Also have you guys tried throwing across the field on your back foot the ball goes like 4 yards this year.
That's what I figured it was reworked and renamed, I feel like i have more control on the placement now with good qb's. As for throwing across the field , LOL yeah and for me it usually goes more than 4 yards but it sails high and has so much air on it that it is usually picked off.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

Great impressions man!

Made me doing another long winded impressions post a bit unnecessary at this point!

The only thing I think you have wrong is the user catching with the WRs...that is definitely in the game. RAC did it to me a couple of times in games we played (manually controlled the WR, under cut a Safety in a deep zone and jumped up to make the manual catch. Its not too easy to do, but it is also not terribly difficult either.

Maybe you meant something else and I am mis-reading that part? I know that manual catching is in the game though...maybe not the old "click-on, click off trigger the animation" variety, but the click-on and control variety is there.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #24
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

Quote:
The only thing I think you have wrong is the user catching with the WRs...that is definitely in the game. RAC did it to me a couple of times in games we played (manually controlled the WR, under cut a Safety in a deep zone and jumped up to make the manual catch. Its not too easy to do, but it is also not terribly difficult either.

Maybe you meant something else and I am mis-reading that part? I know that manual catching is in the game though...maybe not the old "click-on, click off trigger the animation" variety, but the click-on and control variety is there.
Don't know what part of the impressions you are referring to but user control is most def in there. I think you may have been commenting on the part of how you can't take control of scrub WR's and have them performing amazing catch animations in the game. You can manually catch like crazy this year but I noticed and Kendall told me as well looking over my shoulder thats its much harder now to take scrub players and have them playing at elite status in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »