Home

Upgrade Worry Wart Thread

This is a discussion on Upgrade Worry Wart Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2007, 08:45 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Upgrade Worry Wart Thread

I've loved playing the last two years of NCAA on the PS2. I just bought a PS3 and despite all the great impressions am still worried about how much I will like the game when I pick it up on Tuesday.

I didn't like the game that much last year on the 360 (had it for less than a week). I also wasn't blown away by the demo after only getting in 3 games on a 360 but I was struggling with the different controls (which I will remap when I get the game) and recognize I need to adjust to what is a very different game.

That said, the two versions will be different no question. There is a different feel based on the speed, camera angle, etc. I really hope I will learn to love the PS3 version as much as I have the PS2 version. The PS2 version had its problems but the game was just fun and I always looked forward to the next one. I really hope I will feel the same way about the PS3 in time and that the replayability will be there.

Anyone else out there a bit nervous about making the leap? I feel like I'm going to see a blockbuster movie and I'm afraid of the letdown. I can only hope the game is more like Transformers where I'm very happy leaving the theatre as opposed to Spiderman 3 where I left disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Upgrade Worry Wart Thread

Im right there with you......ive been a PS2er since launch and am making the leap this year. I tried last year, like you did, and ended up selling my 360 to a buddy bc i was dissapointed with NCAA. I played it on PS2 all year (never touched Madden) bc the game just felt right. This year i have a PS3 (bought for Madden/NCAA) and then won a 360 elite in a raffle at work and i know im getting for one of these systems, but am a bit nervous that the game i loved for the last 5+ years will be different. Just hoping its what everyone says it is and itll keep me occupied. I almost feel guilty not getting it on the PS2, like leaving a brother in arms behind........
Old 07-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Me too. One of the things that bugs/worries me the most is there are no camera options for play, besides the one they give you. I have always been an overhead view player and the 360 view is nothing like it. I don't know how people feel like they can control the defense when everything is zoomed in and the field view is so flat. I absolutely hated last year's 360 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I've loved playing the last two years of NCAA on the PS2. I just bought a PS3 and despite all the great impressions am still worried about how much I will like the game when I pick it up on Tuesday.

I didn't like the game that much last year on the 360 (had it for less than a week). I also wasn't blown away by the demo after only getting in 3 games on a 360 but I was struggling with the different controls (which I will remap when I get the game) and recognize I need to adjust to what is a very different game.

That said, the two versions will be different no question. There is a different feel based on the speed, camera angle, etc. I really hope I will learn to love the PS3 version as much as I have the PS2 version. The PS2 version had its problems but the game was just fun and I always looked forward to the next one. I really hope I will feel the same way about the PS3 in time and that the replayability will be there.

Anyone else out there a bit nervous about making the leap? I feel like I'm going to see a blockbuster movie and I'm afraid of the letdown. I can only hope the game is more like Transformers where I'm very happy leaving the theatre as opposed to Spiderman 3 where I left disappointed.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:13 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 24

I was worried a little, but I figured I bought the PS3 for a reason, so why not enjoy it.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigred2
Me too. One of the things that bugs/worries me the most is there are no camera options for play, besides the one they give you. I have always been an overhead view player and the 360 view is nothing like it. I don't know how people feel like they can control the defense when everything is zoomed in and the field view is so flat. I absolutely hated last year's 360 version.

I feel you on the camera angle. I used Classic instead of the default NCAA since it was a bit farther away. I hope next year they give us some options. I don't see any reason why a next gen football game can't have more than one camera angle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 05:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yea, I made the jump to PS3 and the last game I played was ncaa 06 on the xbox. So I will wait and see come Tuesday.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 11

I Played a Dynasty game. EA still won't listen to us regarding Presentation....it is the same boring game..nothing has changed!....Actually, I think the graphics got a little worse!!...

Man, NFL2K5 for an old game still beats EA's football games when it comes to presentation!....

I would pass...don't waste yr money...especially $60. wait till it goes bargin bin at $30....it's not worth $60
Old 07-15-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
Rookie

The_Jacket's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORICAN
I Played a Dynasty game. EA still won't listen to us regarding Presentation....it is the same boring game..nothing has changed!....Actually, I think the graphics got a little worse!!...

Man, NFL2K5 for an old game still beats EA's football games when it comes to presentation!....

I would pass...don't waste yr money...especially $60. wait till it goes bargin bin at $30....it's not worth $60
I was waiting on the NFL2k5 name to be dropped. I got it, and stopped reading.
Piss on 'em!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »